Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2010 5:55:14 PM EDT
Who wants to offer up a review of Randys Range to someone whose never been there yet?  What's it like?  Got pics?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#1]
It's terrible!!  

Or mebbe I'm saying that so you won't go and it'll stay uncrowded. Really, it's a great range and Randy is a cool dude. Theres shade because the shooting line is covered, steel to shoot at in intervals, a whole steel setup for running pistols.... Shoot out to 225 yards, and he keeps a spotting scope out there for folks to use. If you're thinking about paying him a visit, I wouldn't hesitate. I drive there all the way from Louisville to avoid the Knob.
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Where is this?
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Where is this?

this. I still have a membership out at KC, but damn the weekends just get to darn crowded and you have crazy people sometimes who like to flag you and lately we been getting alot of people who don't speak English which just pisses the R.O the hell off.
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 3:31:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Randy is a good guy and his range is a pretty cool place to shoot. Gets a little crowded on weekends but not too bad. Lots of steel which is very fun. He is also very class 3 friendly (full auto, slilencers, etc.) and I hear he'll even let you set off some tannerite if you have some? Just make sure you clear it with him first.

Quoted:
Where is this?

http://www.randysrange.com/

Link Posted: 8/18/2010 5:39:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Randy's is worth the drive.  Randy is great on safety and enforces it without being a range Nazi.  

He has a common area with free coffee.  I find that most of the fun is in there talking about guns.

He has made several improvements this year, more benches, a pistol range, and a parking lot.  It can get crowded but the great thing about Randy's is when it's crowded you get to shoot everyone’s guns, and you don’t have to wait long before a bench frees up.    

Here is a little video I did at Randy's.  It does not show the whole range but you can see how fun it is to shoot steel at 225 yards with an AR.  
Video
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Hoping to keep this place a secret. Randy is a great Guy. Worth the drive. He has a website just google Randy's Range. Everyone is very cool.
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow he is right up the road from me, i may go out there just to check it out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone.  I'm wanting to go there next week to sight in my AR and want to know what I need to bring as far as sandbags, etc.  Are there areas you can shoot from prone, off a bipod, etc?

Thanks again.

Mark
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks everyone.  I'm wanting to go there next week to sight in my AR and want to know what I need to bring as far as sandbags, etc.  Are there areas you can shoot from prone, off a bipod, etc?

Thanks again.

Mark

He has sand bags, and there are areas for shooting prone.  Just bring your gun and ammo.  FYI, call him ahead of time and tell him what day and time you are coming.    

Link Posted: 8/18/2010 3:57:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Randy is a really good guy,very helpful.
Not the biggest place,but very clean and safe.Has steel for rifles at 100 150 and 225 yards.Plus steel for pistol and rimfire.
Make sure that you get directions on how to get there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 5:27:29 AM EDT
[#11]
This has become the only place I shoot.  I just bought a new 1911 and instead of going to an indoor range to break it in, I waited a few more days until I could make it out to Randy's.  Nice, Safe, friendly atmosphere.  The best part for people that are new to firearms is that Randy is very willing and capable of helping/teaching you without treating you like your a moron.  You won't be let down.             http://www.randysrange.com          -Wade-
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Just returned from a great day at Randy's! My daughter and I put many rounds downrange with pistols and rifles. Always a pleasure to shoot there and BS with Randy...a real class act!
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 4:55:00 AM EDT
[#13]
OMG - it's like Disneyland for shooters!  Talk about your target rich environment!

Got both the buis and aimpoint sighted in and shot steel at 100 for a while, really nice setup he has there.

I'll definitely be back again - glad I heard about it here on arfcom.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:36:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Just visited Randy's this past weekend.  I took two of my daughters, and we had a really nice day shooting my AR, some .22's, and some 9 mm pistols.

Great guy, great place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top