Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 11:00:07 AM EDT
I'm thinking that some sort of defining act is appropriate here. Some thing along the lines of sending both Bob Rivers and Kaci Aitchison flowers. Then maybe an hour or two in front of KZOK with a sign that says "I'm a jerk - Kaci Aitchison owned me on the Bob Rivers Show"

This has nothing to do with what's right, although I think it is, but all about the pics we can show at future LCR shoots and in the hometown forum.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm thinking that some sort of defining act is appropriate here. Some thing along the lines of sending both Bob Rivers and Kaci Aitchison flowers. Then maybe an hour or two in front of KZOK with a sign that says "I'm a jerk - Kaci Aitchison owned me on the Bob Rivers Show"

This has nothing to do with what's right, although I think it is, but all about the pics we can show at future LCR shoots and in the hometown forum.

I think that if you would have not told Scrun about the chance to pimp himself out, this shit would never have been a issue....

I said I was sorry for attacking Kaci on a personal level....( that was wrong)

I still think she had no business being there unless she was looking for parts or maybe a new rifle/handgun...If she wanted to get words from the WAC people she should have set up something through the WAC people and Kirby Wilbur ( that is his job) I have not listened to the BR show in years, and Im not going to start now because some Shock Jock pulls off another act....

you guys dont get it!

I dont like the media!...

Everytime there is some big call at work, the news people from big radio/T.V. station's and newspaper's likes to call into the 9-1-1 lines! It ties them up for other people who have a  honest emergency...We have put in a line just for the media, It has been in place for 3 years now, and they dont seem to get it!...They want to fight with calltakers on a 9-1-1 line!....

I have been at the station during big calls, they call in the middle of the call wanting quotes and information that a lot of times we are not allowed to give out!...They have numbers to call or people they can have a face to face interview with  it is called a PIO, they can get information from them...

there was on a Search and Rescue mission almost 10 years ago where a couple of kids from a local high school track team ran off of a cliff, I helped with the  body recovery of one of the kids, there was a reporter from a local news station in the bushes  up a closed trail, he told the parants that we had a body...prob is he told the wrong parent about the wrong body!

About 4 years ago there was a boat lost in the sound, 2 guys were out cold because they were overtaken by Carbon Monoxide...there was  resq breathing on the phone for a hour and 45 min's  with the one guy that was still awake...prob was he knew nothing about boating or where he was...I took  darn near 15 min's to talk him into turning on the GPS, opening the windows and turning on the running lights...Neat story on the news, stuff  got quoted a couple of times...later on they make a story about howall of the  guys all meet up face to face.... IT NEVER HAPPENED!  all  of the parties involved declined interviews...

I could go on and on of things I have had to deal with with the Media....

I dont trust them...

I dont care for them...

If you guys want to be tools and keep playing into their hands, for their entertainment , Go ahead...I got my asskicking and Im done, In fact from this point I could care less what the heck you guys want to post, Im not going to even reply to anything more on the subject...

I made my public statement on the other thread, Im sorry for the way I handled it in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#2]

I think that if you would have not told Scrun about the chance to pimp himself out, this shit would never have been a issue....

OK, you soooo own me there! LOL! I'm not really trying to single you out and bust your ass, more like admit people are out there and take responsibility for the impression we leave on them.

If we want to build popular support for a new AWB, we couldn't have done a better job. It's time to crawl out from under our rocks and let people know we are not ashamed to admit we enjoy our hobby. If people can drive around with Kerry/Edwards bumper stickers on their cars, we certainly have nothing to hide.

Kaci should be getting a hat, t-shirt, patch flowers, ar15 cookies, whatever else we can come up with and our deepest apologies. We need to police our own, but at the same time show the world we have a sense of humor.

We can honestly say we had no reason to expect an honest report from the media and we were pleasantly surprized at the objective and personable reporting that Kaci did. R-32's post was made before her Monday morning reporting. Nobody could argue with his logic because it has all too often been true. We were wrong this time and we each need to take our share of the responsibility.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:58:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Kaci should be getting a hat, t-shirt, patch flowers, ar15 cookies, whatever else we can come up with and our deepest apologies. We need to police our own, but at the same time show the world we have a sense of humor.

I will buy the flowers, I did the jumping of the gun and the name calling.., as for a shirt, Im pretty sure that none of us here wears a shirt that small!

We can honestly say we had no reason to expect an honest report from the media and we were pleasantly surprized at the objective and personable reporting that Kaci did. R-32's post was made before her Monday morning reporting. Nobody could argue with his logic because it has all too often been true. We were wrong this time and we each need to take our share of the responsibility.

Greg, I thank you for a honest statement about my post being done before the monday morning show...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah but when I was on the air, I did not offend anyone.........I emailed the show this morning and requested a backstage pass, I told them who I was.  We will see what happens, if I get on you wanna go with me R-32?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, some of you guys are tumbling down a very slippery slope at full speed.  While there was certainly some disrespectful comments made about Kaci that obviously should not have been made, the media in general have proven over and over again to be strongly antagonistic toward gun owners.  I cannot defend what was said about the individual except for saying that any comments made, especially before the broadcast, was probably due to the years of frustration caused by hearing mostly lies and disinformation by all forms of media.  

While it looks like Kaci did not have any evil intentions here, I'm not sure that we are to regard the media as any kind of friend yet.  I don't mean to say that we shouldn't be appreciative when stories are done without malice towards the gun culture, just that it is probably not yet the time to be going on camping trips together and doing sitdown interviews thinking that all is well.

Kaci and the rest of the KZOK crew, if for some reason you read this, I would like to express my regretts that it seems that we got off to a bad start.  I hope that you will at least understand where we come from in our distrust of most in your profession.  Here is to hoping for smoother interactions in the future!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If she wanted to get words from the WAC people she should have set up something through the WAC people and Kirby Wilbur

there can only be one Kirby Wilbur, right? That tripps me. I didn't know he was on the WAC board of directors.

C'mon R32, call in again!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:00:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wow, some of you guys are tumbling down a very slippery slope at full speed.  While there was certainly some disrespectful comments made about Kaci that obviously should not have been made, the media in general have proven over and over again to be strongly antagonistic toward gun owners.  I cannot defend what was said about the individual except for saying that any comments made, especially before the broadcast, was probably due to the years of frustration caused by hearing mostly lies and disinformation by all forms of media.  

While it looks like Kaci did not have any evil intentions here, I'm not sure that we are to regard the media as any kind of friend yet.  I don't mean to say that we shouldn't be appreciative when stories are done without malice towards the gun culture, just that it is probably not yet the time to be going on camping trips together and doing sitdown interviews thinking that all is well.

Kaci and the rest of the KZOK crew, if for some reason you read this, I would like to express my regretts that it seems that we got off to a bad start.  I hope that you will at least understand where we come from in our distrust of most in your profession.  Here is to hoping for smoother interactions in the future!

OK, I'll just shut the fuck up and never mention it again.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:16:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I think her report was very professional, and accurate. We looked like good guys till they read that one thread
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I think her report was very professional, and accurate. We looked like good guys till they read that one thread

Why don't you tell us all something we dont already know?

Are you happy that you got one more post in your attempt to get to 10,000?, I have been holding back on some the " Facts" you have been posting in the last couple of months, but I will be more than happy to start kicking  at you when you are down if you want to play that way....

ColKlink, I also saw some of the shit you posted about me as well last night...Go find someplace else to get your bbl threaded. I know that you are just a kid youself, but If they make you a MOD, maybe you should show that you are old enough to have the job.

If anyone should really be piss'd it should be Scrun, but he is the one that got my back at another board!...( That is a example of leadership CK!, and for you CJ, that is a example of sticking by a brother even when he fucks up and steps in shit!)...

I gotta goto work now, You all be safe tonight, and dont drink and drive!.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:22:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Jesus fucking Christ, I was just posting my thoughts here because I get the impression that some people still disagree with that statement. Who is acting like the fucking adolescent here? I give you a fucking clue, its not me. Tell me about these facts I have wrong! I was fucking wrong about the auto sears, my info was bad. I apologized right away. What else. Anything?

You fucked up. Eat crow, we all have to do it once in a while. No one on this site will hold it against you in another month or so, but in the mean time we don't want the radio station to think we agree with you.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Are you happy that you got one more post in your attempt to get to 10,000?

I wondered what his recent post whoring was about.....I never thought to look at his numbers.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are you happy that you got one more post in your attempt to get to 10,000?

I wondered what his recent post whoring was about.....I never thought to look at his numbers.

CavVet, I have not been post whoring lately, I have been home sick from work. If I wanted to be at 10k for the sake of being at 10k, I would be there.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#15]
R-32, if somebody is trashing you on another board, I'll be happy to go tell them to STFU. Which board?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
R-32, if somebody is trashing you on another board, I'll be happy to go tell them to STFU. Which board?

1911forum.com
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why don't you tell us all something we dont already know?

Are you happy that you got one more post in your attempt to get to 10,000?, I have been holding back on some the " Facts" you have been posting in the last couple of months, but I will be more than happy to start kicking  at you when you are down if you want to play that way....

ColKlink, I also saw some of the shit you posted about me as well last night...Go find someplace else to get your bbl threaded. I know that you are just a kid youself, but If they make you a MOD, maybe you should show that you are old enough to have the job.

If anyone should really be piss'd it should be Scrun, but he is the one that got my back at another board!...( That is a example of leadership CK!, and for you CJ, that is a example of sticking by a brother even when he fucks up and steps in shit!)...

I gotta goto work now, You all be safe tonight, and dont drink and drive!.

No problem brother, I have no problem speaking to the media, I did not say anything embarrassing, I feel that I am fairly well spoken, plus I wanted to talk to her, she is very good looking. As for sticking up for you...............my main point was right or wrong, say it to the person's face don't run to another website and talk shit.  You guys need to chill out on R32, I went on the air, he went on the air, everyone else has an suggestion or comments but are to afraid or full of shit to voice them. Get off his ass.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I was not mad at R-32 over this, until he talked smack about me. I figure with some communication it would all be sorted out. I was not involved at all, on either side, with the 1911forums thing. If I could somehow retrieve my password over there, I would stand up for our guys here.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#20]
sorry Jafo................
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:33:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:36:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Looks like the fucking drama around the site has started flooding this forum too.

We all need to hook up some place for drinks.

And boobies.

Pretty sad isnt it? Like a soap opera.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:30:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
We all need to hook up some place for drinks.

And boobies.

Isn't that wat started this whole thing      

Had two bottles of homemade cherry wine last night, good stuff        
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:59:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Nope.

Where is your sense of humor JAFO?  You should take Tweak's advice and live, love and laugh a little.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Isn't that wat started this whole thing?

That's how everything starts around here STRAT.

Hlel, even the American Revolution started with some drunk pissed off guys talking in a bar.

That's it, the beginning of the new revolution is near!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Count me in    
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Count me in    

Great...Just Great!....

I badmouth a gal, and it ends up leading to the begining of the New Revolution!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I badmouth a gal, and it ends up leading to the begining of the New Revolution!

The slight heard 'round the world  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:17:28 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm all loaded up and looking towards the east.  Thanks a lot R-32!

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:58:16 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I'm all loaded up and looking towards the east.  Thanks a lot R-32!

If you could please take that 1919 of yours and watch the coastline, I would hate to get hit in the rear by a sneak coastal invasion from China.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top