Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/11/2003 8:52:09 PM EDT
Basically I'm wondering if any of y'all know which area of Charlie Elliot most people hunt. I found 3 areas that I like, but since I have never hunted there I have no idea which area most people go. I know there are 6,400 acres, but based on my past experience on other WMA's most of the people hunt certain areas, and I hunt the areas away from them. I put Clybel as my third choice because I thought if it came down to Clybel then I would get a rejection notice since it said I only had a 14% chance of being picked for the Nov. 19-22 hunt. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also I was wondering how many of you are members of South River Gun Club. I am a member, but rarely see anyone there with an AR. I just got my first one the other day, but can't shoot it yet for lack of ammo and magazines.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 8:59:23 PM EDT
Well, I can't answer your question as I only go to CE to hunt paper targets, but welcome to the Georgia forum! Keep your eyes peeled for our semi-frequent get togethers...you're more than welcome to join us.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 4:20:58 AM EDT
Ditto what Bradd said. I hunt private land and the only WMA I've hunted is Wilson Shoals. I took a CQB class at South River last April. There were lots of ARs there that weekend.

Welcome. Come join us sometime.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:20:15 AM EDT
Thanks for the invite. I will have to join y'all once I get some ammo. I have some magazines on order now, but can't decide on ammo. Hmmm, maybe I'll get some Wolf ammo, just kidding.

BookHound,
Yep, I hunt private land too, but send in for one of the WMA quota hunts every year. This year took me by surprise because I expected that if I was selected without a rejection notice, it would be for one of the two weekends at Rum Creek, which I've hunted at several times before. Looking at the map of Clybel, I have a feeling that most people will be off of Hwy 11 or Shepherd Road, so the spots I scouted hopefully will be free from others.

Top Top