Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2005 5:45:10 AM EDT
Well, I just completed my first AR build (pics will follow later today) and I need to know what is a good price for ammo. I haven't had need to look for ammo or prices, so I don't know. I figured the brain trust here could help. I have a 1 in 12 barrel, so I need to fire 55gr ammo. Any info is appreciated. Thanks y'all
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:03:17 AM EDT
[#1]
The gun show this weekend.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:03:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Mine eats Wolf all day long, and you can get it for $92/1000 at sportsmans guide after a simple coupon search in Google.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Your best bet is to find someone at the show with a decent price.
Ammoman is the only person I know of online with XM193, and he wants $219.00/K
Everybody else is sold out of 193 and Q3131A. Wholesalehunter said they might have some 193 in May. Good luck.

ARH

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#4]
You could get some reload from GA-Arms.  They have great ammo. I have personally shot over 10,000 rnds of it without a problem.

Here is the one I shoot.   55 grain FMJ
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Bass Pro at Savannah Mall has some Q3131A, I think it is 3.99 a box, but you can get a pretty good deal on it when they have a sale.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:53:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bass Pro at Savannah Mall has some Q3131A, I think it is 3.99 a box, but you can get a pretty good deal on it when they have a sale.

Saw that. Wonder if a sale is upcoming.

You'll have to see the finished product. Thanks again for the buffer tube....
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#7]
The one thing I found out is that every rifle has its own attitiute.  Try ammo in small bunches at first.  

My CAR likes the poly wolf 55grain.  And its fairly accurate to boot with a 1/9 twist barrel.
It really loves some 72 LC that I found.
Next up for it is some Silver Bear 62grain SP.
and after that is some Brown Bear 62 HP.
But the ammo I really like is Barnaul 55fmj.  

At the FOP shoot back in OCT.  I had some nice flames comming out of the chamber on extraction.
It was the laqured stuff but it ate it none the less.  

Some of us here are

"any thing that goes boom in my boomstick is ok"

OR

"Q3131a. nuf said.(looking down ones nose)"

Have fun with it.  Thats the whole point.

Buzz.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Can always check here, they got some Q3131A it says.

Plus they gave me a free wooden crate at Bulletfest

www.ammunitionstore.com/

They also got a few pages of diffrent .223 here, looking around and may find what you want.

www.outdoormarksman.com/index.php?cPath=65_63_33

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top