Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 10:22:45 PM EDT
Just curious if anyone wants to join me on the mall in DC to protest the immigration protestors on 4/10. I plan on bringing a couple signs, my wife, and a big ass US Flag.

ETA: Wife already canned my idea of wearing a shirt saying DHS Federal Officer in big gold letters on the back
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:40:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag.....
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:51:35 AM EDT
[#2]
NICE!  Unfortunately, the problem with countering liberal protestors is that we actually have to WORK during the week.  I'd seriously be on guard, though - I think these folks are pretty passionate about their beliefs and people from outside the US don't always place the same value on life that we do.  

For a second there I saw something about your wife and "big ass" in the same couple of words and thought for sure you were in big trouble....
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:30:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Aye, I'd like to go in and protest them, but I've got a job and I got stuff to buy.  Eight hours will get me like 400 rounds.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:47:24 AM EDT
[#4]
If it was on a Wednesday, I would go, but Monday is a short schoolday in FFC, and I have to be here to get my daughter from school.

I don't have an illegal to watch my kids to go protest illegals!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I know, we all have to work, I'm using a day of annual leave with my supervisors only advice being to watch my back while I'm there. He knows how much this issue means to me.

I work for DHS, and I personally think congress needs to enforce the law already on the books in regards to employers knowingly hiring illegals. You hear everyone in the media saying that they need to make it a felony for them to hire illegals. Here's the kicker .......it ALREADY IS!

See below:

Summary of Federal Immigration and Nationality Act Section 8 USC 1324

"Any person who . . . encourages or induces an alien to . . . reside . . . knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such . . . residence is . . . in violation of law, shall be punished as provided . . . for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs . . . fined under title 18 . . . imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."

Section 274 felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A):
A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he:
assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or
encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.

Penalties upon conviction include criminal fines, imprisonment, and forfeiture of vehicles and real property used to commit the crime.

Anyone employing or contracting with an illegal alien without verifying his or her work authorization status is guilty of a misdemeanor. Aliens and employers violating immigration laws are subject to arrest, detention, and seizure of their vehicles or property.

In addition, individuals or entities who engage in racketeering enterprises that commit (or conspire to commit) immigration-related felonies are subject to private civil suits for treble damages and injunctive relief.

All congress needs to do is make the act of coming across illegally a felony and start the deportations.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:40:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm game with three questions:

a) can I drink beer while we do this?
b) can I sit down on a lawn chair or do I have to actually do anything other
than bring my signs? (more on that later)
c) is there anyway we can insure that we don't get caught up
in a larger protest protest movement by some
neo-nazi anti-mexicans.  I got nothing against
immigrants, just illegals and don't want to be swept
into a crowd of real racists hiding behind this issue just
to get their message out.

I'm planning two signs...

a) My grandfather waited on line at Ellis Island, why can't they?
b) I will not vote for any congressional, senatorial or presidential
candidate who supports amnesty.

design not finalized yet.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:19:55 AM EDT
[#7]
you can drink beer anywhere just so long as you don't get caught.  but i think beer ain't legal on the mall.  

and don't wear a dhs shirt--wear an ins shirt.  at least the wetbacks know what ins means.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't have an illegal to watch my kids to go protest illegals!!!

lol

Hey, if you went, maybe you could hire one of the protestors!

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I was thinking about photographing some of the protests on a freelance basis.

You want to shoot some video Bulldog?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hell yeah, I plan on bringing my camcorder
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:56:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
NICE!  Unfortunately, the problem with countering liberal protestors is that we actually have to WORK during the week.  

No kidding.......either they are lazy maggot infested hippies or they are just professional protesters.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:02:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Where on the mall is this taking place?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:07:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

That sounds like a plan..what time?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:21:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Where on the mall is this taking place?

yeah I've never been there either....
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#15]
There are signs all over AU for the 'march for immigration'  with pictures of criminals and the subtitle: Is this a criminal?.  I could only write YES on so many of them before I was noticed.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
There are signs all over AU for the 'march for immigration'  with pictures of criminals and the subtitle: Is this a criminal?.  I could only write YES on so many of them before I was noticed.  

chapper- See if you can get some more details...when, where, etc
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

chapper- See if you can get some more details...when, where, etc

sorry didn't see this till I left.  There's also a............. get ready............. meeting by the various hispanic groups  this sunday at AU for seminars and clinics on how to get aroudn the minutemen.  I shit you not.  funny really cause they don't fear the border patrol, just the minutemen, .  The other neo-con in my class is going to protest that and took interest in our protest as well.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#18]
The evening news says 200,000 people are expected to protest.  Location is at the Capital.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The evening news says 200,000 people are expected to protest.  Location is at the Capital.

wow

anyone want to do overwatch for me?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Where are the Minutemen setting up?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Yeah, right.  Just like the million man march.....uh huh....
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:57:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't doubt it for a second, we have that many illegals in NoVa alone.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the best estimate of the million man march was 837,000

now the million MOM march....that was small
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Guess we'll see later in the week how many show up, however many, I am sure that it will be raucous!  Hope ya'll have a good field trip!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#25]
crap I'm headed to NY tomorrow.  I'll have to protest from there.  With my folks' 'undocumented' (yet VERY well paid) help.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#26]
I'll be going to work tomorrow, but I work near the Mall and I'm eager to check out what is going on...while I'm armed with a few signs of my own.  Too bad I work with a bunch of liberals.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Well we need an after action report!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#28]
My only after action report....

Going home I felt like I was in Mexico City.  The Metro was packed with latinos with 1000's of children.  Most everyone had USA or white shirts on and a few had USA flags draped over their shoulders or US flag emblems on their shirts.

If only gun owners were that passionate on gun issues.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#29]
So what was the estimate on the number of people on the mall?  200K?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Jesus, walking through the Mall it sounded like we were conquered by mexico. I counted at least 20 commie Che shirts. Other than that it was peaceful. Hippies and illegals galore. They learned to carry American flags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top