Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2010 9:47:24 AM EDT
I got this idea from:

HERE
HERE
HERE  (no longer in business??)

I dont know why, but when I get an idea or a project in my head, I'm pretty focused on it until I get it done/completed.  I'd generally rather buy than build cause I'm not "handy" or a "fixer" kind of person.  The only place that made these seemed to stop shipping them to the buyers, so I thought I might give this minor project a try.  I "built it and then took it to a local tailor to have done.  The other website was selling theirs for 24.00+ shipping, and I build/had mine sewn for abt 1/2.  The seams arent perfect, and a 1.5" would have allowed more space for the sewing to be more accurate/cleaner looking but I did this for function.  It seems to keep the straps from rubbing the neck but it's not been field tested yet.

The last guy called his the "X-factor", so I'm calling mine the "S-Factor".  

scottMO

Link Posted: 7/17/2010 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a stitch bitch that you may be able to use....
I will talk to her.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm.  

You putting on weight?  I don't remember you needing a bra to hold up the man-boobs before.  

(sorry - couldn't resist)
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice Job - where did you get the webbing / material to do this ?

also do you have measurements for the correct size ?

Link Posted: 7/17/2010 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks AFSOC/Garrett

I got the webbing from Ebay.  I think I got 10yards for 12.00? shipped.  I've used 22" so far.  I didnt measure it but used the actual straps as a guide and then  "stapled" the corners to hold it until I could get it stitched.  The original x-factor was a little bit bigger, had more stitching, but this is gonna work for all my "posing"...  Heck, I may actually get to use it for a class, one of these days..

scottMO
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hmmm.  

You putting on weight?  I don't remember you needing a bra to hold up the man-boobs before.  

Not putting on weight...Breast enhancement surgery...
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmmm.  

Not putting on weight...Breast enhancement surgery...

No pics of the front for you guys.. I'll keep my subtle "B Cups" to myself..  
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will talk to her.

"She" funds out you been callin' her that and she may cut you off.  

ETA: Scott, I'll take 3 please, in any color, especially pink.  

Cut him off, hell he will need a straw to pee through when she gets done.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 4:04:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will talk to her.

"She" funds out you been callin' her that and she may cut you off.  

ETA: Scott, I'll take 3 please, in any color, especially pink.  

Cut him off, hell he will need a straw to pee through when she gets done.

Um, ain't happened yet...
Long historied moniker...
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:28:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Since I have 9.33 yards left of OD 1" webbing, I was going to make another 12 or so and sell them but I've decided it's not worth the time/effort for a few $.  If anyone in the KC area wants some webbing to make their own, let me know as I wont have much use for the extra.

And incase anyone is asking what these are for, the "S-Factor" helps keep the straps on the shoulders instead of shifting and rubbing your neck. I've sinced moved the "S-Factor down a bit to help spread the straps a bit more.

Or you can just buy a H-Harness for 40.00 or so..
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Are you sure that's not a fancy baby carrier???

Ya, I know, shut up....
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are you sure that's not a fancy baby carrier???

Ya, I know, shut up....

It might work for that too and I'm not sure which one is heavier :

4-6 AR mags, 2-4 pistol mags, pistol vs.  a baby ??  Hmm  If we only knew of a former MOHTF member who just had a baby, that we can "borrow" for testing....  Paging PantherARMS762...
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:52:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe you can make it dual purpose????
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Scott,

Did you ever make up one of the AK pistols?  SBR?   I put off working on one, but bought some parts, of course, just in case.  LOL.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Scott,

Did you ever make up one of the AK pistols?  SBR?   I put off working on one, but bought some parts, of course, just in case.  LOL.

working on it.  I've got a Draco and have the F1 ready to go.  Was going to go with the ACE or DPH Stock , but got them both in and they look/feel just "ok".  Then I saw the pic of "Gardner's" draco and that's the route I'm gonna go as I like the look of the Magpul stock...

Gardner's Draco

Mine in current form:
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 4:15:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Gardners build is just amazing.  I didn't think I'd like the idea of AR'ing an AK, but OH MY!

I picked up a Czech "ak" (VZ?) folding buttstock, don't recall title and don't care to go look, and wanted to use that on my Draco SBR, in the future.  

I've changed my mind, that AK you're building is the sweetest evar.................
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 4:17:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Be sure to anchor the eye-bolt in the ceiling good so you don't fall on the bedroom floor!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top