User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/10/2010 9:40:41 PM EDT
Two weeks away! Who's playing?
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 5:59:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be at the 3-day pistol course, but unfortunately I won't be at the 2-day carbine course even though I'd absolutely love to run it again.

Link Posted: 8/11/2010 7:17:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I will be there all 3 days for the pistol course along with my son (I just bought him his first pistol- a 9mm XDm for this course).

My friend Amy will also be there running an HK USPc for all 3 days. This will be her first class ever- she's been CCWing now for about a year.

Long range forcast for all next week looks like rain/T-storms. Hopefully Mother Earth will dump all of that next week and clear out for the following week.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#3]
take some pics and post some training pr0n, will ya?  
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 10:39:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Probably a dupe for most, but I we've also got some new guys in the NEHTF who may have missed this from a few months back.

Link Posted: 8/11/2010 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll be at the 3-day pistol course, but unfortunately I won't be at the 2-day carbine course even though I'd absolutely love to run it again..

I am
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be at the 3-day pistol course, but unfortunately I won't be at the 2-day carbine course even though I'd absolutely love to run it again..

I am

Nice!!!  Running the SIG SCM again?  You're the only guy I know that can take out two separate targets with the same shot...  one with your bullet, the other with your ejected case.  

Link Posted: 8/11/2010 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes. Running the Sig. Here's a pic of the brass. I think it landed 2-3 lanes to my right.

Link Posted: 8/11/2010 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
take some pics and post some training pr0n, will ya?  

I will tell my friend Amy to bring her camera. She is a professional photog (assuming she has any time at all during training to even take a picture)
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Sweet... it will be great to see you all again. I'm also taking the three day pistol class. My new XDM-40 should be here any day.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I will be joining you all. Rgaper, what are you going to be using this time around?
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Glad to hear it & look forward to seeing you again!

I'm going to be running a Gen 3 Glock 19 topped with Heinie Ledge sights.  Absolutely love the gun.

...either that or a Jennings 25.

Howabout you?

Link Posted: 8/11/2010 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm gonna have to skip this one due to being a student and lack of funds. Also the logistics of not being 21 sucks. Ill be down for the next time around assuming and hoping there is a next time
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#13]
My dad will be taking the defensive pistol class with me, and then I'll be going solo for the combat class. He's bringing an HK P30 .40. He only has two mags right now, so I'll be getting him a third.

Question: His mag holder is a combo mag/light paddleback. Should that suffice, with the third mag shoved in a rear pocket? I would think so, but I figure I'll ask around first.

What's everyone running for holsters? CCW or exposed rigs?
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Glad to hear it & look forward to seeing you again!

I'm going to be running a Gen 3 Glock 19 topped with Heinie Ledge sights. Absolutely love the gun.
...either that or a Jennings 25.

Howabout you?

Highpoint with these:

Link Posted: 8/11/2010 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My dad will be taking the defensive pistol class with me, and then I'll be going solo for the combat class. He's bringing an HK P30 .40. He only has two mags right now, so I'll be getting him a third.

Question: His mag holder is a combo mag/light paddleback. Should that suffice, with the third mag shoved in a rear pocket? I would think so, but I figure I'll ask around first.

What's everyone running for holsters? CCW or exposed rigs?

I am going CCW like last time with a 2 mag carrier. More real world for us civilians. After the last class my draw time from concealment was greatly improved as was my reload time.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#16]
The son and I are running 9mm XDms in Bladetech holsters on the belt. No leg rigs, etc and I do carry on the belt typically.

My friend Amy is running her HK USPc from a Serpa, iirc (her only other holster is one of those specially designed CCW purses)
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I love MY purse.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#18]
i will be there as well as my father.  Ill be running my jojo's 1911 trp and my father will be running the southpaw m&p 9mm.

Looking forward to seeing you all there

joe

And jimmy, yes i will be bringing the glock with the orange baseplates. Just for you big boy
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#19]
What's going to be great, is watching a smokin' hot girl run a 1911 better than you.

Link Posted: 8/12/2010 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What's going to be great, is watching a smokin' hot girl run a 1911 better than you.

What is it recently with chicks and 45s?

As stated when I taught my friend Amy how to shoot she locked onto the HK USPc - no 380, 9mm or 40 for her- oh no, it had to be the man stopper caliber!
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 11:45:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Apparently size does matter?

Link Posted: 8/12/2010 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't care if she runs it better. Ill have my oakleys,surefire hat and msa sordins on. So nobody will look better. Plus you are going home with me anyway.

And if she shoots better than me,why not do some" in home" coaching
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Good stuff, all!  Looking forward to coming back out.  The Chief Instructor and I are sitting in SJC airport right now on our way back to Las Vegas for a day off and another three days of training.

Glad to hear everyone is looking forward to the week of 23Aug!

Hit me up via email if you guys have any questions between now and then.

-Ray
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Apparently size does matter?

You mean my GF has been lying to me for the last 5 years?

Wait a sec.  Working late...... Never has her phone.......  Oh, no.....
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeee-ikes.  

Link Posted: 8/16/2010 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeee-ikes.  

He doesn't think I know about the pictures he has of me...

This class will provide him 3 days to make more deposits in the "spank bank"

Link Posted: 8/20/2010 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
i will be there as well as my father.  Ill be running my jojo's 1911 trp and my father will be running the southpaw m&p 9mm.

Looking forward to seeing you all there

joe

And rgaper, yes i will be bringing the glock with the orange baseplates. Just for you big boy

Does your father know about your.....um.....lifestyle choices?

He will next week.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 6:41:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Well I Bought my own place to avoid awkward moments like that...

I'm not sure the best way to go about telling him but I think rgaper had to break the news to his parents years ago, maybe I can seek some advice from him

Joe
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 7:30:56 AM EDT
[#29]
fyi- I am bringing a rake.

For those who remember what we had to do at the end of 3 days of carbine work you will understand.

Appreciation can be shown by handing me Jacksons or Grants.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 8:05:13 AM EDT
[#30]
With the amount of .40 my dad and I will be shooting, we'll be more than eager to police brass at the end of the day!
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#31]
What time do we start on Monday? The course flyer states 8am, but Raymond told me 9am in my payment confirmation email.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#32]
All - start time for all 5 days of training will be 9am. This is due to a conversation with the host yesterday. No training time will be lost and will allow everyone a little extra sleep. I will be sending out a followup email tomorrow morning.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#33]
This coming week is going to be a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 7:51:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Glad I re-looked at this thread- no e-mail for time change received yet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Is this confirmed as to the time change? I have asked 4 other people who are going and as of now no one had received an e-mail re: this change.

I can envision half the class being there at 8 going wtf?
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes, 9a is confirmed. For some reason, it appears the email didn't go this morning.  No worries, as I will be there early anyway.
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Email arrived.

I bought a rake.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#38]
What are the ground conditions like down there? Is it a mud pit?

Hope you guys are having a good time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#39]
It isnt too bad, no one has taken a digger. Picking up the brass sucks though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What are the ground conditions like down there? Is it a mud pit?

Hope you guys are having a good time.

Not too bad at all.  A lot of the ground dried out considerably on Monday night, but there are a few muddy areas.

Don't worry, we'll leave some for you for when you show up on Thursday.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#41]
This week has been a great learning experience. Thanks to racer934 and PFC for coming out here. I am looking forward to PFC's next trip out east.

If anyone who did not attend is interested, I am sure rgaper will post an AAR in the training section shortly.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

This week has been a great learning experience. Thanks to racer934 and PFC for coming out here. I am looking forward to PFC's next trip out east.

If anyone who did not attend is interested, I am sure rgaper will post an AAR in the training section shortly.

I should have the AAR for the 3-day pistol course cranked out this week.  I had a great time training and took a lot home.  PFC absolutely "brings it" to their trainings, and this was no exception.  This weekend I will hopefully be hitting the range for a few hours with another one of the students to run through some of the drills that kicked our asses.  I still owe Mike some push-ups, so I'm answering my door gingerly...

Since I did not get to take the carbine sessions this time around, I'd love to read an AAR from one of you who attended on Thursday and Friday.  How did the junction treat you?  

For those of you who already know what's in the works next... wow!!!

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I should have the AAR for the 3-day pistol course cranked out this week.  I had a great time training and took a lot home.  PFC absolutely "brings it" to their trainings, and this was no exception.  This weekend I will hopefully be hitting the range for a few hours with another one of the students to run through some of the drills that kicked our asses.  I still owe Mike some push-ups, so I'm answering my door gingerly...

Since I did not get to take the carbine sessions this time around, I'd love to read an AAR from one of you who attended on Thursday and Friday.  How did the junction treat you?  

The 2nd time around, the combative carbine rocked once again. Besides malfunction junction and a few other drills, it was like a completely different class. We actually did the malfunction drill with pushups and a sprint from one end of the benches to the other where the rifles were set up. It was also more physical, probably due to Brian being involved this time. The man has muscles where I never knew muscles could exist...crossfit training OBVIOUSLY works very well. I'm glad he's one of the good guys.

You would have loved it if you had taken it again. There were only 7 students matched up to 4 instructors. If you f'd up it wasn't going to slip by. And hell yes...the courses to come will be sweeeet.

And I passed the 11,500 round mark with the Sig without a single failure. I must say though, I have come to learn the recoil and the weight of the rifle sucks after extended periods of shooting...I attribute it to the weight of the AK style bolt. Its like a damn auto body hammer at every cycle of the weapon and I'm left with badly bruised muscles on each side of my chest....I look/feel like I went chest first down a cliff and now I'm paying for it...again. I will try a different stock and if that doesn't help it's time to get another AR. CTBuilder...Seriously, I'm open to suggestions. Probably just going to grab something along the lines of a preban lower and a BCM upper...like this one here. I definately want that style rail to mount one of my X300's at 12 o'clock in front of the front sight.

And to the guys in the class, I have no idea who you are on this site, but nice job by all

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

And to the guys in the class, I have no idea who you are on this site, but nice job by all

We know who you are now!
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

CTBuilder...Seriously, I'm open to suggestions. Probably just going to grab something along the lines of a preban lower and a BCM upper...like this one here. I definately want that style rail to mount one of my X300's at 12 o'clock in front of the front sight.

I think you have the right idea there.  That is a pretty sweet setup.  If I was running a carbine (as opposed to middy) that's definitely the type of rail I would be rolling with.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

[/span]

?  

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[/span]

?

Patience Grasshopper.

Master, why do you call me Grasshopper?

Because you are ugly like a Grasshopper.

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 5:14:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Bummed I didn't participate this time around.  Sounds like I missed out on some good training and fun as well.  If the schedule allows, I'll take whatever they offer in CT next.

A8AWD, hard to go wrong with a BCM upper.  I don't have any of their carbine set ups but do have some of their middy uppers.  Happy to let you run a few mags thru them before you make a decision on a new rig.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#49]
training was awesome.

very impressed with pfc trainers and with several other students.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#50]
i havent checked their schedule yet but any guess on the next time theyll be around?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top