Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2004 6:02:11 PM EDT
I would not have believed it unless I saw it with my own eyes.

There was a story in the Travel section about western-style shooting competitions.

Here is the address to the on-line version of the story.

www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20040502/news_mz1t2shoot.html

[made link hot - Paul]

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#1]
This story is does not surprise me, outside of L.A., S.F., & Silicon Valley areas, Kali-fornia people are pretty much pro-gun.

I used to work with this guy whose wife spend used to work in San Diego proper, she was pulled over for speeding, and she told the officer she has a loaded gun in her glove box. H asked to look at it, and she show it to him; a Colt D-frame Det. Spl snubbie, he looked at it and gave it back it to her and told her to keep it well oiled. Now this was 20 years ago, things have probably changed by now.

This guy saved her once. She pulled an all-nighter, and this homeless guy(aka bum), started to pound on her windshield, she pull the gun and pointed at him and he went away.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I am surprised.  I have been here for years and this is the first pro-gun story I have seen in the paper here.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:38:22 PM EDT
[#3]
But they kinda missed End of Trail.  about 90 miles away from San Diego last week.  World Championship for the Single Action Shooting Society.  A several month old story about Idaho, they print, ignore a great opportunity for locals to really see the excitement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top