Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 6:14:58 PM EDT
I was just wondering if it was legal for private hand gun sales.  Because i saw some shady deals going on at the Anderson show this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:39:24 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as it's a Indiana resident to Indiana resident, yes person to person is ok...it's not ok for an Indiana resident to sell a handgun to a out-of-stater, or vice-versa
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:33:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was just wondering if it was legal for private hand gun sales.  Because i saw some shady deals going on at the Anderson show this weekend.

Why did they seem shady?

Read this link for more information.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#4]
transactions in the parking lot, not familiar where im from.  if thats legal its ok then
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you ever do a FTF sale, they're always a little awkward. Meet during daylight in a neutral place so you can take a GOOD look at the firearm. If there happens to be one, meeting at a gunshow or a shooting range works well. Also, believe it or not, if you're a trade with a LEO, the police station is good too. A couple guys fondling a firearm doesn't draw much attention in those places,.... unlike a McDonald's parking lot.

Yea, I just recently bought a handgun from a member here in the back of a dark Walmart parking lot.  I know at least one of the people driving by looked at us a little funny, however the only awkward moment was when the guys wife held up each of the bills to see if they were real.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:03:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you ever do a FTF sale, they're always a little awkward. Meet during daylight in a neutral place so you can take a GOOD look at the firearm. If there happens to be one, meeting at a gunshow or a shooting range works well. Also, believe it or not, if you're a trade with a LEO, the police station is good too. A couple guys fondling a firearm doesn't draw much attention in those places,.... unlike a McDonald's parking lot.

Yea, I just recently bought a handgun from a member here in the back of a dark Walmart parking lot.  I know at least one of the people driving by looked at us a little funny, however the only awkward moment was when the guys wife held up each of the bills to see if they were real.

That's when you should've taken off running like a mad man.  Just to spice things up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top