President Barack Obama - A Gun Owner's Worst Nightmare
If you're not thrilled with the idea of having John McCain as the next President of the United States, you're not alone. He's angered gun owners for years with nonsensical anti-gun votes and support for so-called "campaign finance reform," which has done little except limit free speech and curtail grassroots political activism.
But would you prefer President Barack Obama? Obama is without doubt the single most anti-gun candidate to ever seek the office of President. By word and deed, he has consistently, without exception, worked to trash the Second Amendment and do away with guns and gun rights altogether.
I know you might not like either of these candidates. But politics is about dealing with reality. And the reality is this: The next President of the United States will be McCain or Obama.
Does that irritate you? It irritates me. But that's the way it is.
Buckeye Firearms Association has presented plenty of information about John McCain and his less than perfect record on gun rights. He has called for GOP "tolerance" for closing so-called gun show loopholes, supported bans on "cheap guns" and certain assault weapons, and sought to restrict gun access for youths.
But he's not a hopeless case. He voted against holding gun manufacturers liable for gun crimes, voted against the Brady Bill, voted against background checks at gun shows, and opposed D.C.'s gun ban.
Whatever you think of John McCain, he's not a gun owner's worst nightmare. Barack Obama is.
For the rest of the article and a summary of Obama's anti gun record please vist
Obama is a piece of shit. I hope no one on here plans on voting for him
I've forwarded your concerns to the writer regarding this Shotar. He said he will look into it and appreciates your concerns. Bear in mind this article does favor MacCain over Obama.
Here's what I've found onTheIssues.org
has on McCain and guns:
I know how to use guns; but I don't own one. (Nov 2007)
Prosecute criminals, not citizens for gun ownership. (Sep 2007)
Don't hold gun manufacturers liable for crimes. (Sep 2007)
Opposes restrictions on assault weapons and ammunition types. (Sep 2007)
Calls for GOP "tolerance" of closing gun show loopholes. (May 2002)
Ban cheap guns; require safety locks; for gun show checks. (Aug 1999)
Supports ban on certain assault weapons. (Aug 1999)
Voted against Brady Bill & assault weapon ban. (Aug 1999)
Guns are a problem, but so are violent web sites & videos. (Aug 1999)
Punish criminals who abuse 2nd Amendment rights. (May 1999)
Youth Violence Prevention Act restricts guns for kids. (May 1999)
Repeal existing gun restrictions; penalize criminal use. (Jul 1998)
Voted YES on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
Voted YES on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)
Voted NO on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
Voted YES on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999)
Voted YES on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
Voted YES on maintaining current law: guns sold without trigger locks. (Jul 1998)
Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC. (Mar 2007)
Let's just hope the Electoral Votes swing this election to McCain. The results of the 2008 election won't be official until the President of the Senate counts the votes out loud at a special joint session of Congress held on January 6, 2009.
Total: 538; Majority Needed to Elect: 270
You really want to know why Obama is a bad choice for the USA? Let him tell you in his own words.
IN 52 SECS WHY BARACK OBAMA WON'T WIN THE GENERAL ELECTION
1) Out of "this war" NOW!
2) No new defense spending and development!
3) No more Nukes!
WoW! 52 sec of absolute BS.
It's rather a no brainer between the two. If nothing else, future US Supreme Court justices are on the line.
I hope that everyone is paying attention to their local US HoR contests...and their Ohio Legislature candidates too.
Probably the best tactic, rather than arguing with Obama-fanatics, is to get people who believe as we do to the polls if they usually don't vote. This may require helping a bit to get them registered if need be.
McCain is going to need money too, Obama is raking in funds though the internet.
I'm not rich, but I plan on sending some funds...10-20 bucks would help.
Obama had a commercial stating that there are 60 million handguns and it's time to put an to that. I won't vote for the Islamic communist. Can you imagine Hitlery Clinton as a supreme court justice. The last thing we need is a Muslim president who will try to disarm us and weaken the military so his Islamic terrorist friends can make our infidel lives a real hell.
I got an email from the RNC stating this will be a scary scenario with six justices over the age of 70 who could either resign or die. Hopefully Ruth Bader Meinhoff Ginsburgh or Breyer will drop dead and McCain will replace them.
This is a repetition of 1976 when Carter got into the White House and messed up this country and it took Ronald Reagan more than two years to end the Carter caused recession. Obama rose thru the ranks too fast and it worries me when he is getting Chinese and Arab money to finance his campaign.
Absolutely fantastic photo!!!
From the NRA Website:
On the Second Amendment, Don’t Believe Obama!
Friday, June 06, 2008
On the Second Amendment,
Don’t Believe Obama!
The presidential primary season is finally over, and it is now time for gun owners to take a careful look at just where apparent nominee Barack Obama stands on issues related to the Second Amendment. During the primaries, Obama tried to hide behind vague statements of support for “sportsmen” or unfounded claims of general support for the right to keep and bear arms.
But his real record, based on votes taken, political associations, and long standing positions, shows that Barack Obama is a serious threat to Second Amendment liberties. Don’t listen to his campaign rhetoric! Look instead to what he has said and done during his entire political career.
FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry. ( 1 )
FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban. ( 2 )
FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting. ( 3 )
FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership. ( 2 )
FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities. ( 4 )
FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense. ( 5 )
FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration. ( 6 )
FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.
FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws. ( 7 )
FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.” ( 8 )
FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America. ( 9 )
FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them. ( 10 )
FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military. ( 11 )
FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines. ( 12 )
FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping. ( 13 )
FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods. ( 2 )
FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers. ( 14 )
FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month sales restrictions. ( 9 )
FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns. ( 9 )
FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment. ( 9 )
FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21. ( 9 )
1. United States Senate, S. 397, vote number 219, July 2, 2005. (http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=1&vote=00219)
2. Independent Voters of Illinois/Independent Precinct Organization general candidate questionnaire, Sept. 9, 1996. The responses on this survey were described in “Obama had greater role on liberal survey,” Politico, March 31, 20087. (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0308/9269.html)
3. United States Senate, S. 397, vote number 217, Kennedy amendment July 2, 2005. (http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=1&vote=00217)
4. David Wright, Ursula Fahy and Sunlen Miller, "Obama: 'Common Sense Regulation' On Gun Owners' Rights," ABC News' "Political Radar" Blog, http://blogs.abcnews.com, 2/15/08. (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/02/obama-common-se.html)
5. Illinois Senate, March 25, 2004 SB 2165, vote 20.
6. “Fact Check: No News In Obama's Consistent Record.” Obama ’08, December 11, 2007. (http://www.barackobama.com/factcheck/2007/12/11/fact_check_no_news_in_obamas_c.php)
7. “Candidates' gun control positions may figure in Pa. vote,” Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Wednesday, April 2, 2008, and "Keyes, Obama Are Far Apart On Guns," Chicago Tribune, 9/15/04. (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_560181.html)
8. 1998 Joyce Foundation Annual Report, p. 7. (http://www.joycefdn.org/pdf/98_AnnualReport.pdf)
9. “Obama and Gun Control,” The Volokh Conspiracy, taken from the Chicago Defender, Dec. 13, 1999. (http://www.volokh.com/posts/1203389334.shtml)
10. Illinois Senate, May 5, 2002, SB 1936 Con., vote 26.
11. Illinois Senate, March 25, 2003, SB 2163, vote 18.
12. “Clinton, Edwards, Obama on gun control,” Radio Iowa, Sunday, April 22, 2007. (http://learfield.typepad.com/radioiowa/2007/04/clinton_edwards.html)
13. Chicago Tribune blogs, “Barack Obama: NIU Shootings call for action,” February 15, 2008, (http://blogs.trb.com/news/politics/blog/2008/02/barack_obama_comments_on_shoot.html)
14. Barack Obama campaign website: “As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment . . .” (http://www.barackobama.com/issues/urbanpolicy/#crime-and-law-enforcement.)
Copyright 2008, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
Contact Us | Privacy & Security Policy