Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 3:13:32 PM EDT
You guys the know the creature known as Blago-Daley will be coming at us as we have been reading with another hairbrained plan for yet another show down in Springfield over "assault weapons." Everyone's phone charged up? Shall we keep a tally? See how many calls we can make voicing our dwilndling patience.

Patriot's prediciton:

Bush wins Illinois in November, in addition to his re-election
Blago is out after this term.

Anyone back me up? Am I nuts?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that is correct.  The next gov will have tusks.

I'll be damned if IL gets an AW ban.  Ready to rock at anytime over here, I'll bring it up at ISU's next "young republicans" meeting as well, get them ready to go as well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You guys the know the creature known as Blago-Daley will be coming at us as we have been reading with another hairbrained plan for yet another show down in Springfield over "assault weapons." Everyone's phone charged up? Shall we keep a tally? See how many calls we can make voicing our dwilndling patience.

Patriot's prediciton:

Bush wins Illinois in November, in addition to his re-election
Blago is out after this term.

Anyone back me up? Am I nuts?

I'm behind you, but only agree 50% with your psychic powers.

Realistically, Bush isn't going to get Illinois. Neither will Keyes, though both will have my support.

On the bright side, I saw the other day that Kerry has big problems. He's losing ground in a lot of states that they had thought he would win. That means less time to campaign in states he needs to win.

I think the popular vote will be close, but I think Bush's team has the electoral chess game tied up.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish Bush would win IL but I think this sate is very union and they support democraps I know  our union wants us to but I hopw ol Bushy wins and I like Keyes he kicks ass. Just my worthless input. Jimmi
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:02:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I wish Bush would win IL but I think this sate is very union and they support democraps I know  our union wants us to but I hopw ol Bushy wins and I like Keyes he kicks ass. Just my worthless input. Jimmi

I hate labor unions. Anyone who votes their union deserves their guns taken away from them. Voting for a Communist president to keep a Communist job really disgusts me. Keyes is a losing bet, I agree. But I betcha all that Bush wins Illinois. I got a feeling. I don't mean to offend union guys, we will just have to agree to disagree. I have voiced my hatred for unions before, nothing new. I don't blame anyone for being in a union, it's pure temptation. I am a victim to temptation too at times.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:03:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'll be damned if IL gets an AW ban.  Ready to rock at anytime over here, I'll bring it up at ISU's next "young republicans" meeting as well, get them ready to go as well.

Goodwork Marksman. How you doing young brother?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd say that Bush would squeak by and pull off another 4 years. I can't see him winning Illinois, but that would be nice.

As for Blojo, I'd say he's gone. I don't think he has a friend left in this state.

Any predictions on the U.S. Senate seat? It totally amazes me that that seat has been thrown right into Obama's lap.  

The fall veto session could get lively, the Dems were rumbling about the AWB. I don't think enough has changed in their favor to make a good go of it, but they'll probably introduce something. We'll have to stay on our toes and on their backs.

I'm hoping to get this computer worked on or new one in a couple of weeks. This is the first time that I've been able to access  the forums in about 4 months. It could be a fluke, and I'll be gone again tomorrow. I enjoyed checking out the latest on this site when the legislators are in session. I'll try to provide whatever info I can. Until this computer B.S. is 100% squared away, I can't be counted on for anything.

It's good to get back on here and see some familiar names. Hopefully it's not short lived on my part.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#7]
GreenDragon, good to see you brother, we need you man.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#8]
You new guys pay attention to GreenDragon. I sat in front of him in Springfield once, he can teach you things.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Goodwork Marksman. How you doing young brother?

Alive and kickin'

Oh, and bush won't lose Illinois...he'll lose chicago...bastards...

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:47:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Well said.

Good to see you alive and well, GreenDragon.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well said.

Good to see you alive and well, GreenDragon.

Roger that. Good to see you Marksman.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#13]
This is the third day in a row that my computer has allowed me to actually use this site. I've got my fingers crossed.

Not much has been shaking around here.

Obama and Keyes had their debate in Springfield tonight. I wasn't able to go, so I'll have to find out tomorrow how that went. It's not like it really matters at this point. Obama has achieved rockstar status around here. He could pull a John Lennon and claim to be bigger than Christ, and people will still fall over themselves to vote for him.

They'll be session Nov 8,9,10,16,17,18.

I did run across an interesting bill that was introduced by Roskam on July 24. It is SB3389, about gun shows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top