Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 11:58:56 PM EDT
It looks like I am coming to the Denver Area for business in late May/Early June.  
I am going to try and take a week of vactaion on one side of the trip and fly my family in.

We most likely would stay in hotel(s) and do day trips out.  Are there areas to stay away from?
Any leads on affordable place to stay that is CLEAN?
Thiings to do (wife and 3  y.o.) Zoo, Aquarium, etc.

Day trips or even overnighters that would be worth it

Thanks in advance
Chris
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as hotels go I am not certain...I know there a few places downtown that are nice...We always try to stay at the Embassy Suites.  That free breakfast goes a long way.

Once place to atleast check out is the Lodo area, short for lower downtown.  This is adjacent to Coors Field.  A lot of it is a historic district with lots of old brick building and lots of little hole in the wall restaurants.

Regarding the kids, the Zoo is awesome.  Extremely walkable and good enclosures/exibits.  I say this having been the the "World Famous San Diego Zoo" on numerous occasions and like the Denver Zoo more.

My wife took the kiddo to the Aquarium too and said it was great.  She actually liked it better than the Moterey Bay Aquarium, so it can't be half bad.  

For day trips Garden of the Gods is pretty cool weather permiting.  I think it is just over an hour south of Denver.  

If you want to head north and get into the mountains try Estes Park.  It is the gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park and is a walkable fun little old town....

Oh....just remembered, if your kids are older and like trains hit the train museum in Golden, it was really cool.  I will try and get the specific name and post later.

Hope that is helpful.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi Uafgrad,

There are lots of places to visit. Zoo, coors field(if u are baseball fan), downtown 16th st, etc.
Also, if you go south and little north of denver, there are tons more stuff to do.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:57:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys
My Daughter turns 3 today (2/1) so keeping that in mind zoo and the like will be great places.

Will have time to do day trips, so all the information you can share is greatly appreciated.

If this trip gets a green light, perhaps a round of sodas on me is in order if you Denver guys are up for it

Chris
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Take the kiddo to the Children's Museum of Denver.
She'll have a blast!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top