Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2004 9:40:52 AM EDT
For Iowegians on this forum there is a chance that they could camp out at Camp Dodge ANG Base just north of Des Moines (Johnston) next summer and have the opportunity to learn about history and shoot it...I'm talking belt-fed Class 3 machineguns.  He links up a set amount of rounds for each kid to fire from each of the tripod mounted machineguns that way all the kids have equal trigger time.  A friend of mine out at the Air National Guard Base in Des Moines is also a Class 3 Dealer and for the past number of years hosts a campout at Camp Dodge for members of the Boy Scout Troop that he was a charter member of here in Des Moines and others that expressed an interest and had permission from their parents.  He is a CATM instructor and armorer out at the Air Base and has been a Class 3 Dealer for many years...his collection would bring a tear to your eye.  He takes out his .50 M2HB as well as water-cooled beltfeds for the kids to shoot after they've been instructed on the history and proper use of each firearm.  I thought I'd put it out for anyone on this forum to see if there was any interest from your son(s) and would check with him for sure at that time if there was any problems with others outside his Troop to attend.  At the Fairgrounds gunshow earlier this month we had our two Class 3/SOT Corporations set up a display of machineguns and he talked to a couple fathers about the above stated campout and their sons were not from his old Troop.  The only requirement is they have their Firearms Merit Badge prior to the campout and that they be responsible/mature around firearms.  Let me know if there is any interest and then I'll check with him just to be sure.
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#2]
What about those of us who were Boy Scouts but didn't get our firearms merit badge. Can we go? Can we huh? Huh can we go?

Dang it. I knew I shoulda had some rug rats

Link Posted: 12/26/2004 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got my rifle badge.  However, my son will only be a year old by that time, which means neither of us will be eligible!!!  Good thing for kids and their parents though!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there an age limit as to how old you can be and still join the Boy Scouts!!! Or rejoin!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:20:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Boy...talk about reliving your childhoods!  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is there an age limit as to how old you can be and still join the Boy Scouts!!! Or rejoin!!!hr

You could always find a troop in your area and become an adult leader!!!
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top