Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2018 5:42:23 PM EDT
Anyone know of some good restaurants in the area? Breakfast, lunch, and dinner suggestions are appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I've not been to Pbluff in years...

I normally go to Cape G or bsck to St. Louis...
Not sure if it's true or not, but I hear crime wise, it's almost as bad as parts of St. Louis...

The only places I've ever been too down there was Walmart and a video store, way back when thar was a thing..
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a shame if the crime thing is true, I didn't see any of that demographic where I was at (100% Trump supporters).

I went down there for an Offroad event that I thought was closer to town and ended up just eating what I brought and vendor food.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Dang, I would have never guessed it.

Link Posted: 6/11/2018 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a shame if the crime thing is true, I didn't see any of that demographic where I was at (100% Trump supporters).

I went down there for an Offroad event that I thought was closer to town and ended up just eating what I brought and vendor food.
View Quote
What was that? Where at???  We just bought a Polaris Ranger, so we are looking at cool places to ride.

Was it Bricks?

If so, I heard about something going on down there...  I heard some drunk guy got killed over the week end..  ""Supposedly"", He hit a kid, not sure if with his vehicle or punched him, or what, but the kids family or family friends beat the guy to death.. News like that travels fast down here...
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, it was at Bricks.  I didn't hear anything about that while I was there (Friday & Sat).  This event was like a huge party with thousands of people and UTV's,4-Wheelers, Jeeps, etc all tailgating and playing in the mud.   I'd say the Trucks Gone Wild events are not the best ones to bring kids too.

I don't have a UTV,  so I can't really comment on the trails they have for them. I pretty much just hung out by the big mud ponds where everyone was partying all day & night.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, it was at Bricks.  I didn't hear anything about that while I was there (Friday & Sat).  This event was like a huge party with thousands of people and UTV's,4-Wheelers, Jeeps, etc all tailgating and playing in the mud.   I'd say the Trucks Gone Wild events are not the best ones to bring kids too.

I don't have a UTV,  so I can't really comment on the trails they have for them. I pretty much just hung out by the big mud ponds where everyone was partying all day & night.
View Quote
I heard about it from my cousin that lives somewhat near and then read about it over the weekend...  If I remember right it was a husband, wife and friend who issued the beat down...
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Yup the parents and others beat a guy to death that supposedly hit a kid. Not sure if “hit” means with a fist or car or what?
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Coltons is pretty good, and I've heard about a place, but I can't think think of the name, something about Lemonade, it's suppose to be pretty good as well.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 1:13:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Hayden Drive-in.
American and BBQ.
When I lived in the area I would eat there weekly.
Been awhile since I've been there, but decent reviews on TripAdvisor.

The Bluff, as it is locally called, is really growing and has mostly chain restaurants, but still a couple of local Mom and Pop's.

Try Maya for Mexican.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top