Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2004 7:26:19 PM EDT
You guys got me really wanting a FAL. I had a Springfield SAR-8 but it locked up on me at the FOP range after only 40 rounds (P.O.S.). I took it back to Bernies and he said he'd give me a credit for something else. Looks like FAL it is.

I've got to get another .308 'cause my Raufus Super Incendiary .308 ammo arrived today and it's burning a hole in my pocket (pun intended ... sorry).

Anyways, I would really like to see some FAL pics if you've got 'em!

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's one of my builds, my STG on Dan Coonan.
This is one of my most accurate FALs.

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry no pic's. No camrea... :(      But I have a STG just like P806's. It was built by Gunsmith Tony M&M  in Atlanta. It is very accurate. Built on a Coonan reciver. I also have a Imbel Kit built on a Imbel reciver with Izzy furniture by Mark Graham at ARS . .. What do you mean it locked up? What kinda reciver did it have?? WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Here's one of my builds, my STG on Dan Coonan.
This is one of my most accurate FALs.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/snake806/overall.jpg

Before P806 catches alot of flak...notice his Stoll FH is neutered!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:54:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sorry no pic's. No camrea... :(      But I have a STG just like P806's. It was built by Gunsmith Tony M&M  in Atlanta. It is very accurate. Built on a Coonan reciver. I also have a Imbel Kit built on a Imbel reciver with Izzy furniture by Mark Graham at ARS . .. What do you mean it locked up? What kinda reciver did it have?? WarDawg

It has an aluminum reciever.

The action was stuck in the forward position and I couldn't budge it with two hands! The following day (after the rifle cooled) I could move it again. However the action has always been inconsistant meaning sometimes you pull it and it was semi-smooth, other times it was like pulling teeth.

Next time I'll get an HK. But for now I want to get a LAR/FAL.

P806, you gonna put pre-ban stuff on your rifle next month?

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:55:40 AM EDT
[#5]
That's a nice porch!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:06:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It has an aluminum reciever.

The action was stuck in the forward position and I couldn't budge it with two hands! The following day (after the rifle cooled) I could move it again. However the action has always been inconsistant meaning sometimes you pull it and it was semi-smooth, other times it was like pulling teeth.

Next time I'll get an HK. But for now I want to get a LAR/FAL.

P806, you gonna put pre-ban stuff on your rifle next month?

What ever you do, do not shoot an aluminum receivered (williams) FAL!!!!
DSA has a warning at there website.

Yep, gonna put the evil parts back on my FALs, come next month.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#7]

What ever you do, do not shoot an aluminum receivered (williams) FAL!!!!
DSA has a warning at there website.

Yep, gonna put the evil parts back on my FALs, come next month.

I saw that on their site a few weeks ago. Does that pertain to G3's, too?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Does that pertain to G3's, too?

I don't think so, but I'm not that knowledgable about the HK variants.  I do plan on building some of those in 2006.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I too have a STG-58 on Coonan and it is the most accurate, this was a new cut up rifle. I just finished a DSA refinished G1 kit on Coonan with Iornwood furniture that is pretty I have a G1 built on an Imbel that I am going to take apart and build a Imbel kit on that I have had for a couple years on the Imbel reciever.  I need to figure how to post pics here.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, one more, my most favorite.  G1 on DSA type 1, all wood, with type c buttstock.  A real pleasant shooter.  This FAL is purdy too, 006 has seen it.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Two of mine look just like yours, the third is a Tapco that the Turks banged up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Two of mine look just like yours, the third is a Tapco that the Turks banged up.

The Turks really were hell on the G1s.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Here ya go!

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Stimpy, SWEET!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice Heaters!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Here's mine.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top