Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2003 10:56:23 PM EDT
I asked for a bit of help with a problem I had in the general forum and the idea came up to host a big shoot at my family farm. I ran it by the folks and am now planning a nice weekend of shooting at the 47+ acre farm. No caliber or NFA restrictions, I just have to see what kind of ranges I can set up to accomidate. Would anyone be interested in spending all or part of a weekend shooting up the countryside in Crossville, TN (about an hour and a half north of Chattanooga, if memory serves me right)? Got a pond for good fishing, some crash space in the house, 3 barns to choose from if no room in the house, a freezer full of deer and all the well water you can drink. This is tenatively planned for the weekend of June 20-22. If anyone is interested, get back to me so I can get a relative head-count.

edited to change date due to Bulletfest conflict
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:26:32 AM EDT
[#1]
This sounds very enticing...
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:26:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I already replied in your other thread and will echo my comments here.  You can count me in.  Let me know if you need any help with the setup and stuff like that.  I know you said you might go up the weekend before; I might could tag along if you need some help.

It would probably be a good idea for you to meet some of the "Georgia gang" before then.  A bunch of us are going shooting tomorrow morning at CE WMA outside Conyers.  We'll also be hitting a Cracker Barrel for breakfast and a Hooters for lunch.  It's be great if you could make it.

BTW, glad to see you posting in the GA forum.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:28:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Yo!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Hell yea Im up for it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Say when....
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh Hell yeah.
Let me know what I can do to help out.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in for sure.  Taxman, was that you who said they were gonna bring an AR50?

This is gonna be cool.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#8]
This sounds interesting.  Tell me more.....
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, the general idea is to start things off Friday morning with whoever shows up thursday night or early friday and slowly build in intensity until the people filter in.  I should have one or two pistol ranges, one or two rifle ranges (maybe 300 yards, I gotta look), a skeet range (although I have no thrower or clays) and an High powered range (neighbors permitting out to 600+).  

If anyone is coming, a laser rangefinder would be quite helpful to range in the distances to set up targets.   More info to follow after I scope out the place some more at the end of the month.  

Friday or Saturday night I will BBQ most of the venison in my freezer.  Oh, got plenty of chickens so they should be putting out a dozen eggs a day for breakfast.  I don't know how many will show, but everyone is welcome.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
an High powered range (neighbors permitting out to 600+).  

600 yard range.  Excellent.  I'm definitely interested
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I will bring a laser rangefinder.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#12]
June in TN is gonna be hot.  I could maybe swing bringing a 12"x8" portable canopy if my father-in-law doesn't mind me bringing it.  Steel targets would be cool at those long ranges.

Anyone know where we can get some?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh, man I just remembered.  My father-in-law has a 5-man tent AND a pop-up camper.  The camper has two queen-size beds and room for a sleeping bag on the floor.

Now I'm really getting excited.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#14]
yeah, and there is no A/C in the house (its an old 19th century cabin) but it is generally cool up at that elevation.  There are a handfull of barns that people can crash in, or under the stars weather permitting.  This should turn out to be an awesome weekend.  I had to change the dates to prevent scheduling conflict with Bulletfest.  it is now the weekend before, the weekend of June 20-22.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Just a reminder, [email protected] . Let me know.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Shit.  I have AT for the Nasty Girls during that time..
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#17]
If Solyent is going I have to be there.  I just gotta see what kind of guy would do that to a little pussy cat. LOL
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#18]
This does sound very interesting.
I must ponder on how to convince
"she who must be obeyed".
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Invite her and bring the kids.  Got plenty of pets to play with and plenty of fishing to be done.  The night sky is truely beautiful out there and camping with the family is some good quality time.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:25:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Crossville? That's just up the road a piece. I'll swing in for a spell.

Make sure you bring a pink rifle. It will be a hoot!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
This is tenatively planned for the weekend of June 20-22. If anyone is interested, get back to me so I can get a relative head-count.

Sorry to hear you changed the date.  Unfortunately, I can't make the June 22.  Drop me a line if you change the date.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top