Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 6:00:15 PM EDT
I keep running into gated roads.  Anyone know of some decent and accessible places to shoot in the Linn or Benton county areas?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Besides clubs?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Besides clubs?

Yes.  I keep hearing about Browns Camp but that's quite a ways north.  Just wondering if there is something similar for the mid-valley folks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Besides clubs?

Yes.  I keep hearing about Browns Camp but that's quite a ways north.  Just wondering if there is something similar for the mid-valley folks.

Urp - sorry, that was in response to gr8jab's link to the ARPC.

I'm interested in places, too.

There's a rockpit that I know of out near Jordan, I'll post a map as soon as I've got accurate GPS coordinates.

Peta:  Thanks for the link.  Only place on there, though, was voilsb's mention of Mary's Peak area.  Not sure if it's kosher to shoot up around there anymore.

I'd like to find some more places in Linn County.  Now that summer is here (almost), maybe I can trek up into the hills and see what I can find.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:02:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Become an elk and shoot at the Corvales elks club near Wren, thats where we shoot all the time. everything from a pistol pit to a 600 yard range & skeet and trap! only $70 a year
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Become an elk and shoot at the Corvales elks club near Wren, thats where we shoot all the time. everything from a pistol pit to a 600 yard range & skeet and trap! only $70 a year

How far outside of Corvallis is it, and what are their range rules?  Are they black-rifle friendly, or simply "tolerant"?

Do they have stupid rules about "rapid-fire"?

Do they allow full-auto stuff?

Any ammo restrictions, anything like that?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#8]

How far outside of Corvallis is it, and what are their range rules?  Are they black-rifle friendly, or simply "tolerant"?

Do they have stupid rules about "rapid-fire"?

Do they allow full-auto stuff?

Any ammo restrictions, anything like that?

lodge web site click here

Not sure of the actual address, you'd have to email one of the range officers. We drive down from salem and it takes us approx 50min.

yes the are black-rifle friendly, I built a few AR's for some of the members

never had any issues about rapid fire, only one old dude who told us we were gonna melt are barrels

full auto is fine

no ammo restrictions

I've only been going since nov 05, probaly been there 20 times since then and only twice has there been anyone else there, you get your own keys and there are no "range officials" there, only during the scheduled shoots.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't know how "kosher" these are but there's plenty of evidence that they're well used.

1) Head out to Wren and take the kings valley hwy north. take a left at the Fort Hoskins? area rural fire department. When you get to a gravel area/turnoff, take a sharp right almost almost headed back the way you came. You'll find a spit of land out into a lake surrounded by hills & trees. Not much range, but ok for busting caps.

2) Hwy 20 from Albany headed to Lebanon. Turn right on 226 headed to Scio, follow 226 thru Scio(takes a right turn in town) and keep following 226 for a while. Take a right at the covered bridge and go for a while. As your're taking a curve with a hill on your left, take the first right that has a concrete bridge(no rails,etc.) follow up into the hills to a gravel pit on your right. I've heard there are two more. +100yrds down into the pit?+50yrd in the pit? More cases than gravel on the ground and nobody seems to police their trash. An hour or so from Albany but the best i've seen yet. "Locals" seem to all know it but no one can say who owns the land.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top