Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/8/2004 8:53:52 PM EDT
Stupid question, I think I know the answer...

Do you have to get a handgun permit (or whatever they call those BS things) to purchase a pistol AR lower? My guess is yes. Damn I hate those permits, but they do cut down on my impulse purchases...
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:31:42 PM EDT
yup, when i was at cmmg there was fella wanting to buy one and they told him he had to do the standard pistol paperwork/wait.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:50:00 AM EDT
A lower reciever is niether a pitol or a rifle until the dealer logs in as such in his books.
I just bought two lowers from CMMG, one as a rifle the other as a pistol. For the rifle it was the same as a rifle purchase, give them the money, fill out the form, a call to NICS.
FOr the pistol I had to get my permission slip from St. Charles county sheriff.
So yes, to build a pistol from a stripped lower you must purchase it like you would a pistol.
Top Top