Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 8:15:40 PM EDT
Went to the the Pasadena Texas gun show today and picked up a new Olympic arms k3b ft.  Actualy wife bought it for my birthday. I asked the person selling them some questions about it and she didnt know anything. I asked if it came with a manual and she said yes so I figured that would answer my questions. Wrong no specs at all in the printed manual that came with it. dont know what the hell I got.
it is marked  caliber multi 2004 the barrel has what apears to be ss over 556.  I opend the rear push pin with my fingers checked the bolt and cam pin put it back together and then the rear pin would not go back in . My neighbor is also into ar,s and he could not get it back in either.  He broke a dpms stock wrench trying to loosen the butt stock as we suspect the pin has slid into the keyway on the push pin. they tightend it so much I will end up back at thte gunshow tomorow trying to get it fixed. Never had these problems with my bushmaster so didnt expect them. OLympic arms has the worst web site I have been on. It would not work at all for me. No way to reach them. Maybe I will try a phone call to them if this doesnt work tomorow.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Went to the the Pasadena Texas gun show today and picked up a new Olympic arms k3b ft.  Actualy wife bought it for my birthday. I asked the person selling them some questions about it and she didnt know anything. I asked if it came with a manual and she said yes so I figured that would answer my questions. Wrong no specs at all in the printed manual that came with it. dont know what the hell I got.
it is marked  caliber multi 2004 the barrel has what apears to be ss over 556.  I opend the rear push pin with my fingers checked the bolt and cam pin put it back together and then the rear pin would not go back in . My neighbor is also into ar,s and he could not get it back in either.  He broke a dpms stock wrench trying to loosen the butt stock as we suspect the pin has slid into the keyway on the push pin. they tightend it so much I will end up back at thte gunshow tomorow trying to get it fixed. Never had these problems with my bushmaster so didnt expect them. OLympic arms has the worst web site I have been on. It would not work at all for me. No way to reach them. Maybe I will try a phone call to them if this doesnt work tomorow.

No, OlyArms reciever halves are very tight, the pins are very hard to push in because of this...

Try pushing it in with the gun open...

SS over 5.56 -> stainless steel 5.56mm chamber...

Oh, e-mail them and ask for a manual, they will send you one...

You should be pissed at the DEALER, not OLY...
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#2]
They have a lifetime warranty. Good luck on the phone call, I called the other day and was put on hold. They are SWAMPED with orders for no-ban weapons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top