Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/12/2007 4:29:56 AM EST
The season opens this Saturday and I'm going this year for the first time. Is a plug required in the shotgun to limit to 3 rounds? The hunting manual never mentions a limiter except for ducks that I can see. I don't want to get gigged on a technical violation, but I don't want to add a plug if I don't have to.

I went to get my license last night and Gander Mountain said I needed to call the DNR to get my driver's license registered with them. WTF? They didn't really know too much about it, other than it was because I haven't had any type of hunting license recently and my DL was the new style. I'll be calling the DNR shortly but I was curious if anyone else had heard of such a thing. I thought it was pretty odd.

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:42:40 AM EST
No plug is needed for phesant hunting.

Dont know about the D.L. issue.
Good hunting!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:57:22 AM EST
No plug is needed for pheasant hunting. They aren't migratory.

I always leave the plug in my shotgun, though, whenever the duck/goose season overlaps the pheasant season because they both inhabit the same territory, lowlands. If you don't duck hunt, & can convince a warden that you aren't duck hunting, then you're home free without a plug.

Also, remember that you have to use steel shot on federal land. It's the same thing with that. I always use steel whenever the pheasant season & duck/goose season overlap regardless of where I'm hunting.

I've never heard of the license registration thing, but it doesn't make sense to me. It would seem like the DNR & MNDOT would both have access to each others db.

Good luck tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:06:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/12/2007 8:06:55 AM EST by BitterBastard]
Thanks for the info, looks like I will be getting a plug and steel shot just to be safe. Got the licensing straightened out with the DNR. I was still on file with them with my old DL number, I last had a license about 5 or 6 years ago. Even when applying over the internet I had to call their customer service number and have them update their database before it would let me get a license. Basically 'they' (I think it was an outsoruced vendor) have a crappy database. Took about 10 minutes to clear up.
Top Top