Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/6/2006 2:55:16 PM EDT
I'm looking to remove my MiniY Comp from my Bushy 14.5" barrel and install a Phantom.

I really don't want to send it off to get done, because of the cost of shipping. One local gunsmith I called here in OKC will do it for $100, but I think that's kind of pricey.

Anyone willing to help me out here?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:37:50 PM EDT
$100??!!???!!!??? Damn, I should become a gunsmith!
If the flashhider is silflossed on, it would only take him a few minutes to get it loose. If it is blindpinned, it will take a half hour or better to remove. Mig welded in 4 spots, 15 minutes with a Dremel tool. Prepping it and silflossing it back on, 20 minutes tops.
Anyway you look at it he is charging you better than $100 an hour. $50 would be more appropriate. Of course, either price would not include refinishing other than a touch up.
Who is this guy?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:31:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By danc46:
If the flashhider is silflossed on, it would only take him a few minutes to get it loose. If it is blindpinned, it will take a half hour or better to remove. Mig welded in 4 spots, 15 minutes with a Dremel tool. Prepping it and silflossing it back on, 20 minutes tops.
Anyway you look at it he is charging you better than $100 an hour. $50 would be more appropriate. Of course, either price would not include refinishing other than a touch up.
Who is this guy?

So are you sayin you'll do it for $50 bucks Dan??
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:17:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RatTerrier:

So are you sayin you'll do it for $50 bucks Dan??

Nope. I once offered to help someone do this that posted on this forum for free and I wasn't "good" enough. I've already done several permenanent flash hider installs on AKs and ARs for some of you guys and others. All for free.
Being the crotchey old b*stard that I am, it just depends on how lucky you get and the mood I'm in!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:53:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By danc46:
Who is this guy?

Ok, I thought this was totally outrageous too!

Hmm, I hate to post the name. But it was H&H Gun Range.

I don't have a dremel, drill, or weld, so I can't really do it myself. I've seen OKguy91 remove a permanent brake, and he did it in about 15 mins.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:12:19 AM EDT
hell just quit bitchin bout the c-note and leave the old one on.

<­BR>

­

<­BR>

­

<­BR>

th­en go out and buy a new gun with the hider you want.

least thats how I'd do it.

MLW>"<

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:19:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:47:15 PM EDT
Ooooh, nice! What's your turn around time? If it's quick, maybe I could drive out there!

Thanks Jason!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:52:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:42:46 AM EDT
Sounds like a heck of a deal Jason! Nice to see you back on here and I like the new n improved website ya have!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:47:07 PM EDT
If your barrel is 14.5 inches is the new flash suppressor long enoug to take it over 16"??
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:26:30 AM EDT
Yep, Phantoms are long enough.

You need to re-up your membership, OKLA-LAWMAN!
Top Top