Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 2:55:16 PM EDT
I'm looking to remove my MiniY Comp from my Bushy 14.5" barrel and install a Phantom.

I really don't want to send it off to get done, because of the cost of shipping.  One local gunsmith I called here in OKC will do it for $100, but I think that's kind of pricey.

Anyone willing to help me out here?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#1]
$100??!!???!!!???   Damn, I should become a gunsmith!
If the flashhider is silflossed on, it would only take him a few minutes to get it loose. If it is blindpinned, it will take a half hour or better to remove. Mig welded in 4 spots, 15 minutes with a Dremel tool.  Prepping it and silflossing it back on, 20 minutes tops.
Anyway you look at it he is charging you better than $100 an hour. $50 would be more appropriate. Of course, either price would not include refinishing other than a touch up.
Who is this guy?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:31:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If the flashhider is silflossed on, it would only take him a few minutes to get it loose. If it is blindpinned, it will take a half hour or better to remove. Mig welded in 4 spots, 15 minutes with a Dremel tool.  Prepping it and silflossing it back on, 20 minutes tops.
Anyway you look at it he is charging you better than $100 an hour. $50 would be more appropriate. Of course, either price would not include refinishing other than a touch up.
Who is this guy?

So are you sayin you'll do it for $50 bucks Dan??
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:17:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

So are you sayin you'll do it for $50 bucks Dan??

Nope. I once offered to help someone do this that posted on this forum for free and I wasn't "good" enough. I've already done several permenanent flash hider installs on AKs and ARs for some of you guys and others. All for free.
Being the crotchey old b*stard that I am, it just depends on how lucky you get and the mood I'm in!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:53:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Who is this guy?

Ok, I thought this was totally outrageous too!

Hmm, I hate to post the name.  But it was H&H Gun Range.

I don't have a dremel, drill, or weld, so I can't really do it myself.  I've seen OKguy91 remove a permanent brake, and he did it in about 15 mins.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:12:19 AM EDT
[#5]
hell just quit bitchin bout the c-note and leave the old one on.
then go out and buy a new gun with the hider you want.

least thats how I'd do it.

MLW>"<

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Ooooh, nice!   What's your turn around time?  If it's quick, maybe I could drive out there!

Thanks Jason!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:42:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like a heck of a deal Jason! Nice to see you back on here and I like the new n improved website ya have!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#10]
If your barrel is 14.5 inches is the new flash suppressor long enoug to take it over 16"??
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:26:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Yep, Phantoms are long enough.  

You need to re-up your membership, OKLA-LAWMAN!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top