Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2005 8:58:57 PM EDT
Oh the sweet smell is in the air, the smell of gun show season. Never been but I'm going to make the 90 mile trek to be there Aug. 6th. Just wondering what to expect. Glory Days are Here Again.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The one back in February was decent, but the one in May was MAYBE half-full.

I was really disappointed in the one in May, but since I have nothing going on, I'll still probably make my way 75miles down there to buy $20 worth of crap.

I hope the one guy is there with the underfolder AK again. I want to take a good look at it this time.

WIZZO

BTW, I don't know when I'll head down. I'll probably shoot for Saturday around noon for an arrival time.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:30:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't waste your time going to the Peoria show.  Here's why. (Disclaimer:I was told this by a member of the Midwest Gun Collectors Association) Apparently, the city of Peoria is making all of the dealers selling guns, ammo, or knives get a permit to sell "dangerous weapons."  This permit also requires a thumb print.   Nobody told the dealers until they showed up, and most of them left without ever setting up their  tables.   I'll never go back.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Would any arfcommers want to meet up at the show then go do lunch or something?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I think that would be doable on Saturday.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that would be doable on Saturday.

WIZZO

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Im flexable on the day, either of the sat or sunis good, but if there isnt enough interest, forget it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I still plan to go Saturday. I'm loking for an underfolder AK that was there back in May.

If the guy has it for $650 or less, it's coming home with me

If my plans fall through and I can't go Saturday, I'll IM both you guys and let you know that my plans changed.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:04:35 AM EDT
[#10]
 I'll try to be there around Noon on Saturday. The last show in May was really lame, but I'll give Peoria another chance.
  I can almost recognize some of you guys, but if you're not holding an AR you might just blend in(?).
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#12]
It sucked. More flea market than gun show.IMHO Didn't see any great deals on anything. Saw some loaded ammo but no just brass. Was my first and last time going to that show.

Ponchonorm
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Wasn't sure if I was at a gun show or a coin collectors show. Just my own opinion.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Got there a little late. 12:30.

I ended up with 3 30rd AK mags for $6 apiece and a new 20rder for $10 for a total of $28 for 4 AK mags.

I got a hardly used Colt 20rder with a alloy follower for $12

I got 2 new 30rd AR mags for $14 apiece and finally got an AR action wrench for a mid-length upper build that I have started shopping for.

I spent about $110, but could have spent more if I had wanted. I ended up not buying any AK. The underfolder wasn't there and EVERY F*CKING AK there was overpriced by about $100. Even the damn post-ban AK's.

Other than that, it was useless.

BTW, if you go, the guy inside the main room that has all the AR stuff is selling parts guns.He has a couple with RRA lowers with uppers on them that RRA NEVER offered. He was also trying to sell a stripped RRA lower for, get this.............$170

I don't know if I'll make the trek down there this fall or not. Princeton is such a better show, and Robert at RB Precision will hook me up with what I need If I don't find a deal at any show.

WIZZO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top