Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2023 12:34:09 PM EDT
What happened to make them have everyone unstrap and case guns to go in? I went back to the car and put my pistol in the dash. Went ahead and bought some ammo. Well, damn, you can carry in Barnes and Noble, but not the gun store?
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Many gun shops are that way.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s not that way in Summerville, just a sign asking customers to keep guns in holsters and cases while in the store.

They only want unholstered weapons on the range.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The one in Greenville and Myrtle Beach have the same signage, although I walked past the one on the door at MB (noticed it on the way out) and no one said anything.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it means only guns coming in for repairs.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s not that way in Summerville, just a sign asking customers to keep guns in holsters and cases while in the store.

They only want unholstered weapons on the range.
View Quote

I was in Columbia last week and swung by PSA and that was the sign on the door.  Something change?  
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 8:35:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#7]
The new rule is interesting especially since the Greenville store had Governor McMaster sign the open carry law there amid quite a bit of fanfare.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#8]
How about some pictures of the signs y’all are talking about.

I’ll get one next time I stop by Summerville store.

For now, it’s NOT and no concealed weapons sign (handgun in circle with a cross through it).

Just a sign asking customers to keep weapons in holsters or cases while shopping in the store.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 12:24:20 AM EDT
[#9]
It’s been a bit since I noticed the signs there but I remember a sign saying lawful carry was allowed but keep weapons holstered.

I’ll assume the cased thing is when taking stuff for the range.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 8:44:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It’s been a bit since I noticed the signs there but I remember a sign saying lawful carry was allowed but keep weapons holstered.

View Quote

Apparently you are correct. I open carried into the Greenville store this afternoon and nothing was said.

With that, I bought a SIG 365 TacPac to be able to rejoin the real concealed carry ranks. The included holster is nothing to brag on and the 3 magazines are hell to load. But Father's Day has been good to me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Apparently you are correct. I open carried into the Greenville store this afternoon and nothing was said.

With that, I bought a SIG 365 TacPac to be able to rejoin the real concealed carry ranks. The included holster is nothing to brag on and the 3 magazines are hell to load. But Father's Day has been good to me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to hear.
Interesting enough Sharpshooters in Greenville did make me case one this week. It was in an OWB holster under a shirt and he said since the open carry law went into effect they only allow cased guns.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, I'll have to remember that. I've only been in there once. The wife and her church girls took their CWP class there.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Update: I asked the counter person last week what the "must be cased" situation is.

Holstered guns are okay whether open or concealed carried. Don't pull in the store.

Any other weapons (handguns, rifles, or shotguns) must be cased before entering the store.

Link Posted: 7/13/2023 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I bought a SIG 365 TacPac to be able to rejoin the real concealed carry ranks. The included holster is nothing to brag on and the 3 magazines are hell to load.
View Quote

I have a P365, and the mags are tough to load to capacity. I recommend getting a mag loader tool (Maglula or similar), it made a world of difference for me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#15]
The P365 magazine loading issue seems to be the follower getting canted and hanging on the mag catch slots. I have a generic loader that works well as long as I press the nose of the last round down to keep things level.

Just a learning curve as is using the safety lever. Last practice session, I made a good draw twice, but couldn't get the safety off without looking at it. The other times were good. Seems to be hit or miss, so I leave it off for now.  

Does anyone make an extended lever that works with normal holsters?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Update: I asked the counter person last week what the "must be cased" situation is.

Holstered guns are okay whether open or concealed carried. Don't pull in the store.

Any other weapons (handguns, rifles, or shotguns) must be cased before entering the store.

View Quote

That’s pretty standard…
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The one in West Ashley is due to the school next door.  I imagine they don't want people to come in and draw from a holster.
View Quote

They are pretty clear on the signage in the WA parking lot to prevent you getting jacked up legally due to the school proximity.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I was in there last weekend for the first time, just moved to the area. The guy at the range said they were getting flagged way too many times, asking to check the guns.
Not to hijack the thread, but I was disappointed to find they did not allow drawing from a holster there, which is the 2nd range I've been to that wouldn't let me. I moved from Long Island, NY. I used to shoot from my holster all the time there. I had another range that did regular competitions, and a bunch of people regularly scheduling classes that involved more defensive based shooting. We even used to rent out the back space of a particular range and conduct team shooting stuff. I'm finding it hard to believe that I moved to a free state to be limited to just standing in a single bay shooting paper, but I can't find any matches or classes near by. I'm in horry county. Also all the CCW classes I find are on Saturdays, when I work. Any Sunday classes nearby?
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was in there last weekend for the first time, just moved to the area. The guy at the range said they were getting flagged way too many times, asking to check the guns.
Not to hijack the thread, but I was disappointed to find they did not allow drawing from a holster there, which is the 2nd range I've been to that wouldn't let me. I moved from Long Island, NY. I used to shoot from my holster all the time there. I had another range that did regular competitions, and a bunch of people regularly scheduling classes that involved more defensive based shooting. We even used to rent out the back space of a particular range and conduct team shooting stuff. I'm finding it hard to believe that I moved to a free state to be limited to just standing in a single bay shooting paper, but I can't find any matches or classes near by. I'm in horry county. Also all the CCW classes I find are on Saturdays, when I work. Any Sunday classes nearby?
View Quote

Join palmetto gun club and do what you want
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

As much as it sucks, stand there and watch some of the shooters and it quickly becomes obvious why they have lawyer driven blanket policies.  Look at the walls and areas other than the target backstop too.  There is a reason I don't go to public ranges, there are lots of idiots with firearms who I have no desire to be around while they're shooting.  That doesn't mean they don't have the right to own guns, just that there are a lot of unsafe people and I'm sure the liability insurance is already sky high.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#21]
You don't go to public ranges? Might I ask, where do you go? I'm trying to find a place to train with my guns, I'm new to the area but I agree with you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#22]
That's 2.5 hours away from me I could go once in a while but the distance doesn't make sense for a membership
Top Top