Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 4:14:03 PM EDT
well  i finally got it and some ammo to blast through.  It is fun as a few other members of this forum will agree.  It is fast, no recoil and pretty accurate.  it gets quite a few looks at the range.  It needs a new sight.  as soon as i get my new rail system I'll start running an eotech or aimpoint.  there are a few carbine classes coming up--taylor and farnam at bills and classes at DE---I plan on trying it at one of them.  is it worth the money---i don't know, but it is fun.  the manual states that it only needs a cleaning every 2000 rounds--we'll see.   it is the fastest thing to break down(3 main parts) and clean.   need to get a sling. after i get my black one i'll make the decision about SBRing one of them.  If you want to shoot it and see me(i'm hard to miss) at the range mention that you are one of the good guys(ar15 people) and i'll let you run a few through it.   gunstop is the best local place to buy ammo that i've found.  $10 a box cheaper than bills.

have fun
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you buy it a Gun Stop?

If so, do they have any more??
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#2]
nope--bought it out of state

couldn't find a good deal in the Twin Cities---wouldn't pay $1800
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I got to play with the Talibeard's new toy during lunch break for Combat Shottie this past weekend.

Pros: Damn light, even when loaded with 50 rounds.  Neat built in reflex sight.  No recoil, lots of little holes quickly.
Cons: Ammo too spendy, gun too spendy.  I thought the trigger was too squishy, but that's me.  Plus, it wasn't select-fire  

One fun gun!  Thanks for the opportunity to squeeze off a few, biga!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:51:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This thread is worthless without pics...  

Tru dat!

Better talk to dpmmn about how to become an ammo whore.  You'll need to start really whoring up on ammo if you take a few carbine classes.

EDITED to remove Ad.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:07:53 AM EDT
[#6]
no kidding--we need federal to hurry up and start producing some ammo for this thing.  i'm going to get it setup the way I want it, run through a course and then put it away until the ammo gets cheaper.  bad news---the wife saw it...and wants to try it out--there goes my ammo allocation
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:18:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Better talk to dpmmn about how to become an ammo whore.  You'll need to start really whoring up on ammo if you take a few carbine classes.

Tips on becoming an Ammo Whore

Here is the best way to get started on being an Ammo Whore

If you a 1,000 rounds, set 500 away for your stash and use 500 for practice.

Same goes for any other amount, always stash away half of your purchase.

If you do this, you will have a sizable stash in a very short time depending onhow much ammo you
buy.

So, lets say you buy  10,000 rounds a year you should  5,000 set aside. and you will still get in some quaility range time.

Also having a slight case of OCD helps in this matter

Don't forget to buy it cheap!

Tips on becoming an Mag Whore

Magazine Whoring is a different animal, magazines are a must have like ammo, you can have all of the ammo in the world and it wont do you a shit bit of good if you don't have magazines.

The theory I use is to have at least 20 Magazines per rifle, and at the very least 10 per handgun.
Also a OCD in this case doesn't hurt either

If you follow the advice I have given you, in notime at all you will be a mag and ammo whore

So in this case being a whore can be a good thing

So with that I think I will need to pick up a few more 30 rounders at the next show
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tips on becoming an Ammo Whore

Here is the best way to get started on being an Ammo Whore

If you a 1,000 rounds, set 500 away for your stash and use 500 for practice.

Same goes for any other amount, always stash away half of your purchase.

If you do this, you will have a sizable stash in a very short time depending onhow much ammo you
buy.

So, lets say you buy  10,000 rounds a year you should  5,000 set aside. and you will still get in some quaility range time.

Also having a slight case of OCD helps in this matter

Don't forget to buy it cheap!

Tips on becoming an Mag Whore

Magazine Whoring is a different animal, magazines are a must have like ammo, you can have all of the ammo in the world and it wont do you a shit bit of good if you don't have magazines.

The theory I use is to have at least 20 Magazines per rifle, and at the very least 10 per handgun.
Also a OCD in this case doesn't hurt either

If you follow the advice I have given you, in notime at all you will be a mag and ammo whore

So in this case being a whore can be a good thing

So with that I think I will need to pick up a few more 30 rounders at the next show

Too bad that is too much to put in a Sigline!

That should be a sticky!

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#9]
well it sounds like I already qualify as a mag whore---finally a name for my disease

Sorry...  Edited to remove ad.

have fun
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Better talk to dpmmn about how to become an ammo whore.  You'll need to start really whoring up

Thats the problem with the 5.7x28 ammo.  All of the FN nuts are whoring it up.  Fiocchi can't even keep up with the demand.  These guys are buying the stuff up by the case no matter the cost.  I think I cleared OGA out of the SS196 stuff.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sorry, edited to remove ad...
have fun

You better pack your suntan lotion and give me a call, then!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:41:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Where are the pics?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#15]
PIX!  (Sorry, crappy MS Paint on a crappy Gubment Thin Client, or I'd do better)

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#16]
dpmmn

who needs pix.  i'll bring it on sun.

i don't want to be andre the giant anymore
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
dpmmn

who needs pix.  i'll bring it on sun.

i don't want to be andre the giant anymore

w00t
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#18]
It'll be great---I'll bring the gun, you bring the camera.  we'll take a bunch of pictures of it and everybody will be happy

looking forward to sun, wish i could make it on sat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top