Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2014 8:15:35 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone here will be shooting
in the Practical Rifle match this coming weekend???
I have never done it so will be taking orientation
on friday as far as I know…
Time to use my SBR piston for what I rebuilt it for…..
Out….
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I won't be there Saturday but I've shot a bunch of them. They are usually pretty fun depending on the stages. Make sure to bring a folding chair, there can be a lot of down time between stages.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 7:29:48 AM EDT
[#2]
TCGC sent out a email saying that both the 3gun match and the action pistol match was canceled, this weekend.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The action rifle range has been closed until further notice as well. Inside info says it's because a round left the range. Great! One douche ruins it for everyone.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The action rifle range has been closed until further notice as well. Inside info says it's because a round left the range. Great! One douche ruins it for everyone.
View Quote

The email I saw from Randy said a pistol round landed on an adjacent property and it "might" have come from the action rifle range.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I have also heard this … What part of don't be a moron do some people not
understand
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 12:08:14 AM EDT
[#6]
And... the one reason I joined this club is now being taken away. Fantastic.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 8:08:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess the only consolation is knowing that the reason the club shuts down any activity that might be problematic, is so that the club itself can continue to exist.  By doing things the way they are, the club has a decent chance to convince people who are eager to shut it down, that it takes safety VERY seriously.  

No one likes loosing one of their activities, but in time, if the club can reasonably show that they have dealt with the issue, and solved the problem, the action rifle range has a chance of re-opening.  After all, shooting IS the primary goal of the club.  The more involved practical rifle shooters get with the board, and the general meetings, the better chance there is to have the range re-opened.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Practical rifle is still on..
Action Rifle range close till further notice..
Someone sent a .45 round off range
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone sent a .45 round off range
View Quote

That's good to know.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Word is the new action rifle range will be in the pit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Sweeeeeeet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top