Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2003 1:51:51 PM EDT
Here are a few pics from The First Annual George W. Travis Memorial 3-Gun Match held at Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club in Jacksonville, FL.  I shot with the FDCC group so most (if not all the Pics) are from this group of shooters (There were 3 different groups using 5 bays going all at once).   I did not have a chance to get out and see the other groups or take pics so if you have any Please post them.

Many THANKS to Russ Adler for putting on an excellent event and Gateway who graciously allowed this event to be held at their facility!!  

Here is Russ himself, Thanks Again!

Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Great Pics! The shotgun video was especially cool. Was it me or did it seem that gunner knocked those plates down exceptionally fast?

Great day, good cause, plenty of trigger time and good shooting buddies. Life is good.... Thanks to all!

Hawk, after you left, I barely shaved your handgun score on the last course. Thought you you want to know.

Dirk
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Barely shaved?  I recall you TOASTED him by 8+ seconds!

Teach him to talk trash and leave!

And, I'm gonna do it Sunday...

Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#3]
[>Q] Cant believe I missed it....
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:36:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Great Pics!

I would like to thanks Russ for putting the awesome shoot together! I had a BLAST!

OK that's enough, off to look at shotguns for the next 3-gun match -Mike V
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:03:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
[>Q] Cant believe I missed it....

Me either. Oh well, next time............
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:25:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah Mike, I saw that shotgun you had... You probably could have just knocked some of the targets over with your barrel it was so long!

BTW, I really liked Charles' hat!
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey guys!

Thanks for coming and not only having a great time, but giving to a great cause!  An especially HUGE thanks to Gateway Rifle & Pistol Club (www.grpc-jax.org) for the use of their facilities!  They have a 3-gun match every fifth Saturday at minimal expense considering the fantastic equipment and multi-use facility.  Support them whenever you can.

Initial figures look like we raised over $2000 for the American Cancer Society.  I will post the match results with the figures from the event on my website by week's end.

Don't forget out sponsors also.  I am putting together a match program with their information on it, and listing them on the website for their participation.  

Also, I am still using basic dial-up internet service and it seems that I always miss the last half of the pictures that get posted.  All I get are the little red X's.  If you can email them to me about 5 or 6 at a time or put them on a disc and send them to me, I would greatly appreciate it so that I can put them on my website.

Thanks again to all who came and participated and for those of you who were there in spirit.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:20:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Powership...

Can I get a copy of those digitial pictures on disk the next time you come to the match?

Thanks,

Sam
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:44:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks like it might have been a bit cold down there in Jacksonville.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top