Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2015 12:40:40 PM EDT
I purchased an upper from a Gun Broker seller. He advertised it as a Stag upper. Won the auction, received the upper, tried to put it together. The charging handle does not fit. Shiska Bob and I attempted many times to get it to fit, just wasn't happening.  Took it to PT Firearms, Pete tried another handle that did not fit either.  Stated he didn't believe it was genuine Stag.  Checked the forge marks, called Stag, they don't believe it is one of theirs either.

I did purchase an upper from PT, besides that what can I do with this upper?

Lesson learned stay local. PT has been great over the years with purchases and assembling rifles for me. I don't know why I bought from out state other than trying to save some money. The deal I got from PT was better than the upper I purchased from Gun Broker.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
how did you pay for the Gunbroker auction?

does gunbroker have controls in place to protect buyers like ebay does?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#2]
What's preventing a charging handle from fitting?

I've already had to do some light filing on a pivot pin because it wouldn't fit my Del-Ton lower.  The relief for the notched pivot pin head on the lower wasn't quite deep enough.  Figured it would be best to just tweak the cheaper pin than 'correct' the anodized lower.

In your case is sounds like you got a counterfeit Stag.  That's a different topic all together.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I paid for the auction with a CC. I contacted Gun Broker, no response after two days. I contacted the seller, only reply is that it is a STAG upper. No solution from that end.

It seems the channel for the charging handle to ride in is too narrow. I did file some of the side of the handle off and it does fit now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm amazed that people think it would be weird to find an out of spec Stag part.  They are hobby guns.

BTW with BCM blemished uppers being available often and cheap I'm amazed anyone buy anything else.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm amazed that people think it would be weird to find an out of spec Stag part.  They are hobby guns.

BTW with BCM blemished uppers being available often and cheap I'm amazed anyone buy anything else.
View Quote

where does one find these BCM blems?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The below link is for just an upper receiver.  They also sell complete blem upper receiver groups at the same site, although they just mix those listings in with the other complete uppers (they do state "BLEM" in the title).  I did a quick look and they may no longer have any listed.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Upper-Receiver-Assembly-M4-Flat-Top-demo-p/flat%20top%20-upper%20-m4%20demo.htm

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah just wait they usually have them once every four to six weeks.  FYI they come with the hardware, just not assembled so no need to buy the port door, FA, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top