Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2007 5:12:28 PM EDT
Hi, I just joined the forum and am curious about building and AR. I have browsed the site and the information is great. Are there any gun shops in th Dayton/Cincinnati area that cater to AR as I am looking for stripped lower.
Thanks
Rod727
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
AIM Surplus

They also have DPMS lower parts kits.

As for a walk in normal gun shop, try One Shot in Newtown.  He's a RRA dealer and he may have some stripped lowers in stock.
 One Shot
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#2]
will aim sell to Non-dealers . Or will they only transfer the lowers to a dealer.
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 2:16:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
will aim sell to Non-dealers . Or will they only transfer the lowers to a dealer.

They will sell to a non-dealer.
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 5:38:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Also the Loveland store as well. I think its called shooters?
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't think Shooters Supply Shop in Loveland sells AR parts or stripped receivers.  They do sell complete rifles.
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Thier is a shop in Belbrook is a RRA dealer and the new one in Kettering I can't remeber thier name (sorry) but they have alot of parts.
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Guys I appreciate the info!
Rod
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 4:15:15 PM EDT
[#8]
One Shot can probabaly order anything that you want.Everytime I am in there I see some AR parts in the back display case. I have purchased and RRA carry handle and a RRA A2 stock kit right out of the store.
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hi, I just joined the forum and am curious about building and AR. I have browsed the site and the information is great. Are there any gun shops in th Dayton/Cincinnati area that cater to AR as I am looking for stripped lower.
Thanks
Rod727

a little off topic, but kinda relevent. is this your first AR, or do you already have one and think building one would be a neat project ?

I only ask cause, personaly, I don't think building you first is a good idea, as there is a lot you could mess up, then you'll be spending a lot of time in the trouble shooting forum asking whats wrong. If you already have one, you could use it as a guide to go by.

I know there is now going to be a whole lot of people chiming in now saying how they built their first AR and won at camp perry with it and all, and how easy it is, but I don't think it's a good idea as a starter project.  just my 2 cents.

good luck anyways and have fun
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Try Sherluk on-line.  They're in the Toledo area, but participate in the PRO Gun Shows in this area.
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Try this website out www.homelanddefensegear.net  I know the guy who owns it his Arfcom name is chistisking and they run it out of Pickerington ohio.
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
One Shot can probabaly order anything that you want.Everytime I am in there I see some AR parts in the back display case. I have purchased and RRA carry handle and a RRA A2 stock kit right out of the store.

We usually have a complete LPK or two in stock.  But like Tula said we can order parts for you no problem.  Currently we do not have any stripped lowers in stock, but hoping RRA changes that soon  They've been a little busy lately.
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks
Rod727

a little off topic, but kinda relevent. is this your first AR, or do you already have one and think building one would be a neat project ?

I only ask cause, personaly, I don't think building you first is a good idea, as there is a lot you could mess up, then you'll be spending a lot of time in the trouble shooting forum asking whats wrong. If you already have one, you could use it as a guide to go by.

I know there is now going to be a whole lot of people chiming in now saying how they built their first AR and won at camp perry with it and all, and how easy it is, but I don't think it's a good idea as a starter project.  just my 2 cents.

Not disagreeing with you but I want to nitpick your opinion...

Do you consider it a "build" if you buy a complete kit and piece it together?

That's what I did and I'm glad because it let me see how everything worked.   However, even though it was my first experience with a disassembled AR, I had torn apart/messed with/shot other guns since I was a little kid.

Now, I'll 100% agree with you if you mean buying an X upper with a Y BCG, Z trigger, etc.
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks
Rod727

Not disagreeing with you but I want to nitpick your opinion...

Do you consider it a "build" if you buy a complete kit and piece it together?yes

That's what I did and I'm glad because it let me see how everything worked.This is what I figured most people would say, and you are right, and would make repairs easier, but sitll...   However, even though it was my first experience with a disassembled AR, I had torn apart/messed with/shot other guns since I was a little kid.This is really the main issue as it does have more to due with your overall skill level with such things. I took the side of if you know very little about guns and think 'Oh..I want to build an AR" that no you should not.

Now, I'll 100% agree with you if you mean buying an X upper with a Y BCG, Z trigger, etc.
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll add that it helped in my case the upper was assembled, all I had to do was assemble the lower.

Good advice.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 5:47:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Nobody ever goes to G & R Tactical?  That place has more than I need and only carries top quality Brands.
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#18]
G&R Tactical?  Where is it?
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 12:07:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Mineral City, Oh ( I think by Canton ) they used to be in VA but moved

They also used to be part of these forums, but got banded for some price fixing scam they were tring to set up with other venders IIRC  but I have still ordered form them
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey guys,
I took the advice of a forum member and picked up Stag lower from Aim surplus. Transaction was very smooth/fast/professional. I did want to add clarity to my original question about building. I consider myself capable of basic firearm repairs as I have maintained and modified my own pistols for years now. (Beretta's and Glock's primarily) That being said I am new to the A/R arena so I am taking a cautious approach. I intend on buying a complete upper kit already assembled headspaced/test fired etc.. and mating to  my lower. I have read some horror stories about missing parts etc.. so I am going to do my homework before making a decision on kit. Thanks again for the input and I hope I can utilize you guys if i have questions during build.
Rod
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#21]
If you picked up a complete upper and are planning on building a lower you should have no problems. The only minor problem that I had was installing the lower detent pins and springs, and that was because it was my first and I don't like to read instructions. Have fun and enjoy your new build.

Link Posted: 9/24/2007 4:02:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Try this website out www.homelanddefensegear.net  I know the guy who owns it his Arfcom name is chistisking and they run it out of Pickerington ohio.

Hes a really good guy
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Ohio rapid Fire at Troy also has AR stripped lower at their walk in store. They don't charge FFL fee while AIM charges $15.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mineral City, Oh ( I think by Canton ) they used to be in VA but moved

The OP asked for AR stuff around Dayton/Cinti and Canton is not so close to either.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Hey that's my website!
We don't have an FFL but we do have parts you might need for your build.  
Thanks Smitty and Bryan
Oh yeah if your looking for something just IM me and I'll let you know if I have it.  If I don't I can get it.  My wife is from Cinci and we make it down there relatively often so if you need something I might be able to save you shipping.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for the heads up I will send you IM after I review website
Rod
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll be doing one shortly myself.

GTS is sold out ont the CMT LKP currently however.

Barrel removal and installation comes after that.

Then I'll test fire and report back on injuries sustained in the K-Boom.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Hi Guys,
I wanted to follow up my original post with a progress report. I completed lower this evening with parts from Aim Surplus.
I took great care to prepare work area and here are the results. I can't wait to get upper!
Thanks for everyones input!
Rod

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/rod727_2007/S4020791.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/rod727_2007/S4020790.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/rod727_2007/S4020793.jpg

now we'll teach you to post pics

in case you don't know, here's how I do it: I use photobucket also, under the photo there are the four 'web address's' listed. highlite the one that is IMG Code, go to Edit in your browser, click copy, bring up the forum page, put the cursur where you want it, go back to Edit and click paste. hope this helps
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:54:10 AM EDT
[#29]
I hve attempted to use imageshack previously here.  IIRC, you can only use the direct link code and the photos come out small.

Is photobucket preferable??
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:59:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Hello,
I appreciate the info. I was wondering how that worked!
The Guy's at Vandalia Tactical helped me out with the buffer retainer and spring, they were very helpful.
Thanks
Rod
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top