Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 8:42:07 PM EDT
I was out of town for about the last month, no computer access. I read the paper today but all they talked about was a bunch of gay shit about taxs and civil unions and such, what happened to the gun bills????????????????????????
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything bad got kicked back to committee or knocked out completely.

Always good updates at Oregon Firearms Federation.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I meant to post this, but other stuff got in my way:

---------------------------------------------------

OFF ALERT  8/05/05

OREGON LEGISLATURE ENDS SESSION

The Oregon Legislature closed down this morning ending the second longest legislative session in Oregon history.

You'll find no shortage of wrap-ups and analysis of the session in you local media. OFF wants to focus on just one issue.  Our gratitude for all you have done these last months.

Going into this session, we braced ourselves for the worst.

With anti-gun forces in charge of the Senate, and with the most rabid, anti-rights Democrat in charge of the Senate Judiciary Committee we expected, and got, a flood of antigun bills.

We also faced some problems on the other side. Two bills with bad implications for gun owners came out of the House Judiciary Committee, but in spite of that, your overwhelming response forced them off the floor and back into committee to die.

In fact, as a result of your efforts, every single anti-gun bill died.  Make no mistake, it was your activism that accomplished this, no mean feat with an anti-gun Senate and an anti-gun Governor.

You should be very proud of all you've done this session.  In an uphill battle you made your voices heard loud and clear.

We are, of course, disappointed that no positive legislation could be passed. Not even something as obviously beneficial as our bill to allow active duty military personal to renew CHL's by mail. Frankly, this was a failure by both parties and both Houses.

We are preparing a full report of the session and OFF members will receive it in the mail shortly.

Take a short break and get ready to turn your attention to Federal legislation, as the the gun makers legal protection bill moves to the House.

As always, we will keep you posted.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you kind sir.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top