Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 7:50:42 AM EDT
GRRR!!!  OKARNG soldiers are taking guns from civilians in NO.  Boy, that chaps my hide.  I was a member of the OKARNG, 1/179INF  and 1/160FA.  Anyone which units are mob'd for this operation and where they are?

Confiscation article
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:05:10 AM EDT
[#1]
dude I work with wife called the shop and said he was finally on his way to the gulf coast, he's on a ship that suuposed to dock somewhere along the gulf, and that his unit was issued live ammo, she said it was for an unspecified amount of time up to and including a year, and they don't know as of yet what they will be doing exactly, she didn't go into it amymore than that, just said don't expect him back anytime soon.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is a video clip that shows some OKARNG soldiers.

News Clip
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Its a shitty deal, thats for sure. But probly the way they see it.....you've got these A-HOLES takin pop shots at helo's and boats I guess as well wantin to get rescured first (or whatever reason they have) so to keep the rescuers safe(r), if they take the guns from everyone there won't be any guns so it should be safer. I don't agree with the taking of peoples guns......but then again I don't believe in shootin at the people tryin to help you either.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Be interesting to see where the "authority" to take weapons from civilians is claimed to come from. Makes me damn glad I got out of the Thunderchicken brigade this year. Personally, I don't have much use for unlawful orders, maybe it's just me
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a bunch of BS. They should be banned from this board. MY blood is now boilling.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Its a shitty deal, thats for sure. But probly the way they see it.....you've got these A-HOLES takin pop shots at helo's and boats I guess as well wantin to get rescured first (or whatever reason they have) so to keep the rescuers safe(r), if they take the guns from everyone there won't be any guns so it should be safer. Negative bud thats what they want you to think but it dont work history proves it when you disarm law abiding citizens they become pesants/slaves/victims.  If they had people shooting at them for no reason they should have dealt with them in the apropriate manner  NOT disarm people protecting themselves and their property.

I don't agree with the taking of peoples guns......but then again I don't believe in shootin at the people tryin to help you either.

Anyone who isn't emailing/calling  congressman senators the govenor the president the nra and every other person you can needs to be.

This is one day I'm ashamed to be an american let alone an okie.

Anyone who wheres a uniform that carry's out this order is breaking the oath they took to defend the Constitution not only should they be ashamed they should be stripped of the right to wear it.

Furthermore I hope like hell their are some true patriots left in that city willing to do whats necesary to defend Themselves regardless of the cost.

Everone who want's to live free had better take notice and do something the 2nd amendment is the one that protects all your other rights when you let it be trampled on and taken away you've made a grave error in judgement.

I'm on a fucking rampage to say the least. Anyone who tries to carry out that order should be treated as a criminal/for enforcing unconstituional orders  and dealt with via extreme measures.

I remember taking an oath once to defend our country and
the constitution from all enemies .
Foreign ,and DOMESTIC.  

Is that not part of the oath for the OKARNG   WTF

Molon Labe

Be aware let this slide and it will set a precedence for future events....................

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Am i the only one around that half way understands that the above named city is under marshal law?  and with marshal law comes with civil right being over ruled. I mean this whole situation is a real shitty deal and it chaps my ass that citizens are being disarmed and removed from there home. I believe of you understood the actuall way laws and the constitution is over ridden when marshal law is in place it may shine some light on what the (officers/military) are doing. American Citys are not used to this occuring.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Am i the only one around that half way understands that the above named city is under marshal law?  and with marshal law comes with civil right being over ruled. I mean this whole situation is a real shitty deal and it chaps my ass that citizens are being disarmed and removed from there home. I believe of you understood the actuall way laws and the constitution is over ridden when marshal law is in place it may shine some light on what the (officers/military) are doing. American Citys are not used to this occuring.

Got this hear fray.slate.msn.com/id/2125584/

What Is Martial Law?
And is New Orleans under it?
By Keelin McDonell
Posted Friday, Sept. 2, 2005, at 2:04 PM PT

Military presence? Yes. Martial law? No.

On Tuesday reports began circulating that New Orleans officials had put the flood-ravaged city under martial law. The attorney general's office of Louisiana quickly issued a denial. Confusion persisted, however, after White House press secretary Scott McClellan told a group of journalists on Wednesday that "martial law has been declared in Mississippi and Louisiana." Yesterday National Guard Lt. Gen H. Steven Blum sought to set the record straight, saying, "This is not, as it has been erroneously reported, martial law." What is martial law? And who can declare it?

Martial law occurs when the military assumes police powers because local authorities and courts aren't functioning. Although the president usually imposes martial law, federal regulation allows for a "local commander" to do so "on the spot, if the circumstances demand immediate action." Federal armed forces are expected to relinquish these powers as soon as the local government is once again operable. During martial law, the military may arrest and try civilians, seize private property, and institute curfews, among other emergency powers.

In practice, however, martial law has been all but barred since the late 19th century. During the Civil War, President Lincoln suspended habeas corpus and set up military courts in several states in the South and Midwest. Many at the time felt that Lincoln had superseded his authority, and in 1878 Congress passed the Posse Comitatus Act, which forbids the military from performing civilian law enforcement without congressional approval.

From cnn

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A catastrophe such as Hurricane Katrina has shown how lines of authority can become blurred when it comes to handling an emergency. CNN spoke with a number of legal experts to discuss the law governing the removal of residents from New Orleans.

Q. Has martial law been declared in Louisiana?

A. No.

"People are using that term far too loosely," said Duke University School of Law professor Scott Silliman. "Martial law can only be imposed by a governor or the president of the United States when there is a total absence of any governing authority (meaning no courts, etc). Martial law allows the federal military to come in to preserve the country."

This has not happened.

Well unless things have changed and I don't know it  looks like no martial law
Even if their was martial law declared  Their is still no reason to disarm citizens and rewrite the const...

The whole reason for martial law is from above

the military assumes police powers because local authorities and courts aren't functioning

I understand takeing possesion of a boat to rescue people with but I doubt seriously that it was put
in place to take firearms that weren't needed to enforce the law or to stop crime..........It's not a crime to protect yourself.........

Do you honestly think the whole reason for martial law was to trample on our rights

Thats kind of like beleiving that the 2nd amend... was put their for duck hunters.......

Sorry bud even if martial law was declared there still isn't just cause for whats being done........

Two days ago a FED LEO asured me on this website that monkeys would fly out of someones ass before this happend well my ass aint sore frome shitting a monkey.......... I wonder how he feels eating CROW .................. The bad part is I would have much rather been wrong............. This is one of those times it sucks to be right.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#9]
ditto's acman. Monday I will call my rep's, There was no need to disarm those home owners. I will never look at are NG from OKlahoma the same again. From now on it is them VS us. I wish it was not that way but that is how I see it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:33:46 AM EDT
[#10]
thanks acman I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#11]
The founding Fathers  set up the 2nd amend for this reason, did this person point his weapon at them?Or was he shooting at them? Or we he  just protecting his home and family?  If he was protecting he owne ! I`M FUCKEM OUT RAGED AND EACH OF US SHOULD BE  E MAILING  SOMEBODY NOW!!!!!   I`M AM!!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#12]

They can take my guns but they will never get my pork chop unless they take it out of my cold dead hands!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:14:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd giv'er my pork chop, provided she asked real nice like.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#14]
tommarrow let the call begin to are rep and sen. Where is the NRA? That is why I am a GOA member and not a NRA member. Any one find which Oklahoma NATIONAL Guard outfit  was doing this we need name and numbers.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#15]
The NRA is not saying much because it is legal under Louisana law to do what they are doing "in an emergency". Martial law is in effect  whether they want to call it that or not, and under such circumstances, you don't have any rights.
Simple as that!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:24:00 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The NRA is not saying much because it is legal under Louisana law to do what they are doing "in an emergency". Martial law is in effect  whether they want to call it that or not, and under such circumstances, you don't have any rights.
Simple as that!

I`m getting the same too, But the NRA is real fast to take your money! I`m still on the net and phone !
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#17]
ar-daddy, don't get too wound up about it. They are probably doing the right thing taking the guns away from the ones remaining that refuse to evacuate. The troops don't want to get shot at or kill someone because they refuse to leave.
The NRA knows that. For someone to be killed because they refused to evacuate and firing on troops or police is a REAL STRONG argument for the gun control assholes.
Let it alone!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
ar-daddy, don't get too wound up about it. They are probably doing the right thing taking the guns away from the ones remaining that refuse to evacuate. The troops don't want to get shot at or kill someone because they refuse to leave.
The NRA knows that. For someone to be killed because they refused to evacuate and firing on troops or police is a REAL STRONG argument for the gun control assholes.
Let it alone!

Your going to do better with me on bigfoot by a far cry than you are on this one danc46.

We aint talking about taken guns away from looters were talking about people who weathered the storm and now are being disarmed because they want to stay and protect their property.  So now their at the mercy of whatever criminal element holds out.

If you don't think this will set a standard to which citizens can be disarmed your kiding yourself or its wishfull thinking.

I'm no lawyer and don't claim to be but acording to all the lawyers I've read seen talking about this their isn't a provision in LA law for martial law.........I'm not positive I'm not a lawyer.......

The thing I do know is martial law is suposed to be but in place when theirs no police or courts working to uphold law and order .............. It aint to disarm the citizens and trample on their rights

We may not see the consequences of letting this slide but our kids or grandkids very well could........

Keep giving an inch of your property away and next thing you know you don't have a yard to mow anymore......

I'll stand by my original statements anyone who disarms a law abiding citizen has done dishonor to the uniform and this country..............i don't give a shit who gave the order
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top