Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2005 10:05:21 AM EDT
I have a guest pass, is anyone else going?  

I've never been to an OGCA show, and I don't know quite what to expect.  
Just a bunch of seasoned citizens swapping shotguns?

Link Posted: 3/8/2005 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I gave up my OGCA membership a few years back, after the IX Center was swapped to Cleveland, and the shows moved out to Sandusky.

Anyway, after they moved out to Sandusky, the EBR dealers seemed to really dry up.  It may have been just the few shows that I attended, for what its worth.

I have fond rememberances of the IX Center shows...
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#2]
OGCA show is Mar 19, 20

click here
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
OGCA show is Mar 19, 20

click here

You sure about that? My list shows the 12/13 for OGCA.

I may not hit this one, in any case. I need some stuff that's seldom at the OGCA shows and IS at the Goodman's show in Dayton so I may hit that one instead.

I like the OGCA shows, they're nothing like a regular gun show but that's a good thing. It's not just old codgers or lever actions, but it's true the black-rifles are few and far between. If you like C&R guns it's a good show and the display show in May is awesome.

Although you'll seldom steal anything from a dealer or someone selling, you also won't see someone trying to sell a Mosin for $300, because a: the guy selling knows what it's worth being a collector and b: he knows you know what it's worth being a collector.

What I like about the OGCA shows is that the membership keeps riff-raff out. I haven't seen any smelly guys or rude asshole dealers. That's worth the price of admission, right there.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OGCA show is Mar 19, 20

click here

You sure about that? My list shows the 12/13 for OGCA.

I may not hit this one, in any case. I need some stuff that's seldom at the OGCA shows and IS at the Goodman's show in Dayton so I may hit that one instead.

I like the OGCA shows, they're nothing like a regular gun show but that's a good thing. It's not just old codgers or lever actions, but it's true the black-rifles are few and far between. If you like C&R guns it's a good show and the display show in May is awesome.

Although you'll seldom steal anything from a dealer or someone selling, you also won't see someone trying to sell a Mosin for $300, because a: the guy selling knows what it's worth being a collector and b: he knows you know what it's worth being a collector.

What I like about the OGCA shows is that the membership keeps riff-raff out. I haven't seen any smelly guys or rude asshole dealers. That's worth the price of admission, right there.

Got my info from another web sight. I guess it is the 12th and 13th. My bad.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't this the annual display show?
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Nope, May is I think.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 2:11:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yepper,

March is the display show and banquet....  Dunno what I have going on yet as things are "up in the air" as usual...

Mike
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 2:33:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yepper,

March is the display show and banquet....  Dunno what I have going on yet as things are "up in the air" as usual...

Mike

Mike, my packet says May 21/22 for the display show.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 4:52:08 AM EDT
[#9]
January 8-9
March 12-13
May 21-22  Display Show/banquet
July 16-17
Sept. 17-18
November 19-20 Annual meeting

Link Posted: 3/10/2005 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Doh!

guess I outta open my mail once in awhile huh?  The display show has been in March for quite awhile so I just assumed...... Hey Swingset, are we gonna try and make the banquet this year?

Mike
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Doh!

guess I outta open my mail once in awhile huh?  The display show has been in March for quite awhile so I just assumed...... Hey Swingset, are we gonna try and make the banquet this year?

Mike

Dunno yet....Darren and his wife are coming and we planned on letting the wives do some shopping so it sort of hangs on that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Not to hijack a thread, but I was up there sat getting a bite to eat at wendys before pulling my stand out from the farm I hunt up near there. I pulled up behind a guy leaving the show and saw that he had a KERRY sticker on his bumper! That was bad enough but he had an NRA sticker right beside it!! Honestly how dumb some people can be just amazes me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I pulled up behind a guy leaving the show and saw that he had a KERRY sticker on his bumper! That was bad enough but he had an NRA sticker right beside it!! Honestly how dumb some people can be just amazes me.

Uh oh.....
I've been Busted.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top