Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2016 4:52:03 AM EDT
Hey, I was just wondering if it would be ok to use my iwb holster with my shirt behind the butt of my pistol.  From what I understand the law only says in a holster on the waist or shoulder.  It doesn't say anything about it needing to be OWB or even needing retention.  Thanks ahead of time.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 5:46:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey, I was just wondering if it would be ok to use my iwb holster with my shirt behind the butt of my pistol.  From what I understand the law only says in a holster on the waist or shoulder.  It doesn't say anything about it needing to be OWB or even needing retention.  Thanks ahead of time.
View Quote

Useing a holster without retention while OC ing is not cool. Imho. The idea of it falling out or more over, some punk thinking its funny or meaning to do me harm and grabing it, is a scenario id rather not be involved in.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 6:29:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Useing a holster without retention while OC ing is not cool. Imho. The idea of it falling out or more over, some punk thinking its funny or meaning to do me harm and grabing it, is a scenario id rather not be involved in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I actually agree with you.  My actual plan is to order an OWB holster and just cover it with my shirt and not worry as much about my movements with respect to printing or accidental display.  I was mainly just wondering from a legal perspective and just in case I got a wild hair with it being new.  I may order a serpa or something from Safariland if I decide OC is worth financial investment.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 7:55:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Oh I actually agree with you.  My actual plan is to order an OWB holster and just cover it with my shirt and not worry as much about my movements with respect to printing or accidental display.  I was mainly just wondering from a legal perspective and just in case I got a wild hair with it being new.  I may order a serpa or something from Safariland if I decide OC is worth financial investment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My OWB carry holster is a Safariland ALS, with belt slide. It's in the same price as a Blade-Tech or Comptec holster, but with the addition of extra BUT easy for you to deactivate retention. My IWB is an Alien Gear Has very good retention to keep gun from falling out, but since I wear it at 4 o'clock position makes the holster when carried open to be a slight 'grab' issue.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hey, I was just wondering if it would be ok to use my iwb holster with my shirt behind the butt of my pistol.
View Quote

Yes, it's legal.

I second the Safariland ALS if you're looking for an OC holster. The Raven Phantom is a good OWB CC holster.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I prefer leather, however, I may just buy a retention holster and save some money.  Can the be concealed at all or do they stick out too much?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a retention holster for my LCR just for this new law.  I also have a retention holster for my P220 and M&P9.  I would not open carry without a retention holster.

My 2¢
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I prefer leather, however, I may just buy a retention holster and save some money.  Can the be concealed at all or do they stick out too much?
View Quote

Retention holsters like the Safariland ALS can be concealed easily under a jacket but not really under an untucked t-shirt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top