Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2007 1:00:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2007 1:01:27 PM EDT by PhilipPeake]
The sights on my Buckmark + Tactical Solutions barrel are just classic black suare front and square rear notch.

When shooting in low light, or against a dark backstop, actually seeing the sights can be a challenge.

So, I ordered a set of Williams Firesights from Brownells - not cheap, even with the C&R discount.

They arrived today.

So I quickly removed the front sight, and plopped on the new one.

Hmm.. it sticks out over the threaded portion by ~ 1/8".

*@&!#! !!!

Anyone have any other ideas for visible sights that will work with a TacSol threaded barrel?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:37:51 PM EDT
I don't have a solution but in the interim have you tried some day-glo modeler's paint on the front sight? Even if not day-glo a dob of silver paint on the front sight would probably help quite a bit.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:58:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JAFO:
I don't have a solution but in the interim have you tried some day-glo modeler's paint on the front sight? Even if not day-glo a dob of silver paint on the front sight would probably help quite a bit.

I actually doctored up my wife's .22 (Colt) this way a while ago. I actually used a thin strip of white plastic (label making tape), and that has worked, and stayed in place for several years.

This time, I wanted to do it properly...
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:19:51 PM EDT
Well, I decided to think like a gunsmith and came up with one option:

Grind off about 1/8" of the sight and paint the exposed metal black

Hmm... maybe not ...

So what I did end up doing cost me about 1" of sight radius: I put it on backwards

Doesn't look too bad, especially with the can attached

I also ordered a HiViz front sight. It *looks* as though it may be shorter where it matters.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:28:20 PM EDT
You know... this thread would be more useful with photos...

Top Top