Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2013 5:47:06 AM EDT
Do the Missouri FFL's commonly accept a firearm from an out of state non FFL for a transfer?  Usually I don't seriouly pay attention to the "FFL must accept from non FFL" type ads.  But there is this Browning Hi Power............   I've done the FFL to FFL before but never for a handgun.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:48:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:56:22 AM EDT
[#2]
What part of the state?  

We have several members here that will do the transfer or others that can be recommended.  I would not pay ober $20 for a transfer and if they say they have to collect sales tax, kick them in the shin and run away.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:36:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What part of the state?  

We have several members here that will do the transfer or others that can be recommended.  I would not pay ober $20 for a transfer and if they say they have to collect sales tax, kick them in the shin and run away.
View Quote

THAT IS CORRECT
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#4]
The guy I listed in the 'cheap FFL' thread specializes in transfering into MO and has zero issue with accepting transfers from out of state non-licensees.  Might not be helpful if you're not in St Louis.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#5]
My favorite FFL:

$20
Will accept rifle or handgun from an individual*
NO SALES TAX added, unless he buys the gun and sells it to me.

*if a FFL accepts a shipment from an individual, they must include their ID.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:49:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks.  I looked through the transfer thread before posting but didn't see it mentioned.  I'm outside KC.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are in the KC area, we can handle the transfer for you.  We are located in Lees Summit.

You can e-mail me from ARF.com or our website.

www.BRGUNS.com

Quoted:
Thanks.  I looked through the transfer thread before posting but didn't see it mentioned.  I'm outside KC.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:02:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I appreciate the offer SUB_MG.  It's been bid past where I would buy it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:53:13 AM EDT
[#9]
In St Louis, there are a few places that will not accept transfer in of an item they can order or normally stock.  I don't know if this is a common practice in the industry or not, but it rubbed me the wrong way.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:45:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Last time I was in need of a receiving FFL, I called Metro Shooting Supplies in Maryland Heights (now Bridgeton), the guy on the phone stated that they "don't accept any transfers from non-FFLs and the the sending dealer had to mail them a signed paper copy of their FFL by certified mail, so we know it's really from them. When we get their FFL, we'll call you and then you can tell them to ship us the gun."  And transfers were $35 + sales tax.
^ + MSRP or higher pricing  = I don't know how they're still in business...

My work has an employee firearms club which does $10 transfers for members  

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:41:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In St Louis, there are a few places that will not accept transfer in of an item they can order or normally stock.  I don't know if this is a common practice in the industry or not, but it rubbed me the wrong way.
View Quote

Yeah, that's a little odd, but I totally understand their side of it.  If they have a G19 in the case, why should they take on all the emails, liability, logging it in & out, storing it, etc to sell you the same G19 so that you can save money.  You can thank the ATF and Fast & Furious for their paranoia.  But like last year at this time, if you're going to wait months, to get a G19 due to the shortage and you find one on the EE, it would be nice of them to bend their rule.

Some shops charge $40-50 for transfers, 10% of purchase price if new, or their markup on that model.  Again, makes sense to me.......they're a retail shop, and it's their business plan to sell the guns they have in the case to make a profit.  Providing a service for the e-commerce transactions that hurt their business model should bring them some sort of profit.

That's why I use FFL's that are in business to do private or GunBroker transfers.  They charge $20, work out of their house or other business, and don't have a problem with all the paperwork--that's their business model.  They don't have a case full of guns and monthly rent payment they have to support by selling guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top