Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2005 3:45:23 PM EDT
Still Closed?
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep......
Link Posted: 7/4/2005 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Good thing I read this thread before next weekend.  I was gonna go there.  What gives?
Link Posted: 7/4/2005 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The State shut it down for "safety improvements".  You might wanna through in with us over at Water and Wings.  We have a regular group that goes most Sundays.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Has the "safety improvements" started yet or is this just an excuse to close it down?
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The State shut it down for "safety improvements".  You might wanna through in with us over at Water and Wings.  We have a regular group that goes most Sundays.

Regards,
Gary

IM me if you guys are going to Water and Wings this Sunday.  I've never been there yet.  I might be visiting some family in Pottsville this weekend, and will go to the range near that Wal-Mart if I'm there.  The PA crew goes there from time to time, from what I understand.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Just an update, I was up there last weekend hiking....entrance is still gated
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I was told that the state is not going to reopen it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#8]
It's been pulled from the PGC website as well...  
This sucks.
I'm in Montco, about 2 miles from the Willow Grove exit of the Turnpike... Can anyone recommend a 100 yrd or longer range within an hour drive?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:29:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Here are the places I go.

http://www.bcfg.org/

or

http://www.waterandwings.com/

BCFG is a lot closer to your location but only goes out to 100yds. Water and Wings lets your stretch your legs out to 500yds.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#10]
www.wicenshootingrange.com/

I go here every so often.
It's not free, but its close by and gets the job done
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
www.wicenshootingrange.com/

I go here every so often.
It's not free, but its close by and gets the job done

How long is Wicens?

I'm a member of a Club that goes out to 600 yards.
But I'm starting to wonder where the 1,000 yard Clubs are.  I'm starting to hit the targets a little too often for my liking.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry, only 100.
I have heard that there is a 1000 yard range somewhere in south NJ, but there is no way I would bother bringing my guns over the border...not interested in jail time.

I shoot out in the National Forest as well (when I am out west)....starting to think the only way I am going to find regional long distance shooting is to move!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder how hard it would be to set up a shoot at Fort Indiantown Gap.

They might have a 1,000 yard range.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Sorry, only 100.
I have heard that there is a 1000 yard range somewhere in south NJ, but there is no way I would bother bringing my guns over the border...not interested in jail time.

I shoot out in the National Forest as well (when I am out west)....starting to think the only way I am going to find regional long distance shooting is to move!hr

It's Cumberland and I believe it only goes out to 600yds

http://www.snipercountry.com/Announcements/An_Shoot_Cumberland.html
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:39:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Cumberland/Millville is the only 600 yd. range in NJ that can be used by civilians since Ft.Dix closed the range to civilian use.

The Bodines range in Williamsport and Reade range in westren Pa. are the only 1k ranges open in Pa.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Regards,
Gary

Can you post more details? Are newbies welcome?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:56:02 AM EDT
[#18]
I take it the clay/skeet range is closed too?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#20]
yes its all closed
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:06:25 PM EDT
[#21]
i noticed w&w is close to sugarbottom RD is that the name or are they different places and is the range on sugarbottom still ther last time i was there (over a year ago) they were gettin alot of heat lookin to go this sun.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I emailed the game Commission. They told me the range would not reopen until safety repairs were completed. I asked them when....they told me that they didi not know because they did not have the funding to repair it..;..What a load of horse shit.

That place is probably permanently closed!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
i noticed w&w is close to sugarbottom RD is that the name or are they different places and is the range on sugarbottom still ther last time i was there (over a year ago) they were gettin alot of heat lookin to go this sun.

Wicen's range is off of sugarbottom road.  Once you cross 263, Sugarbottom changes names a couple of times then becomes Mozart Rd once you go around the curve.  They're nice guys at Wicens; the owners look to be about 100 years old and are still working the range.  The only other range around the central bucks area is some private skeet/trap range off of Wells road.  

Is anyone down for a meet at Wicen's?  I live about 5 minutes away from it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#24]
ok wicens that must be it , old farm ducks and chicken roaming under the targets totally unafraid, next couple weekends are booked but i'm always down to go on a weekday let me know
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top