Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2012 1:42:02 PM EDT
Guy I work with came in and said V*****'s will not be ordering any new black gun inventory going forward, as they do not want to get caught heavy if a new AWB-type edict comes down.

Said they had sold a dozen in the first hour Weds. morning.

No independent verification of this.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Remember after the 2008 election?  I'm just say'n.
ETA - it seems like it should be the opposite - they should be ordering like crazy before any ban goes into effect...again just say'n.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#4]
That makes absolutely no sense.......
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Dunno if I buy that one
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#6]
From a man that has his own business, that makes absolutely zero sense.

Vance's is a well run business, and they aren't that stupid to not order in more black rifles.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Cant figure that one out either...they probably cleaned up in 08.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Unless they are hearing the retarded internet rumors that the "new AWB" will not grandfather any ARs and they would have to eat what was in their inventory?

Doesn't make any sense but that can be the only reason if this thread topic is to even be believed, which I doubt

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm inclined to go with..
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I find that very hard to believe...
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#11]
lol...

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I have to call B.S.  I hate Vances but if there was a ban coming up they would sell out fast.

Business is business.  Got no problem with that.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

yep

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 1:43:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I agree that it makes no biniz sense.

Like I said, no independent verification, just what this guy said he and his brother were told when the
brother wanted to order something not on the shelf.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 3:24:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Lol, there are people on this board who work there, one of whom I speak to regularly.  I got a message from him last night making fun of a statement like that, and now I know where he heard it.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 3:53:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, no way. No Senator or Representative is going to sponsor legislation like that. It'd be crazy. As crazy as the administration arming Mexican drug cartels or standing by and allowing a US ambassador to be captured and tortured to death. Yeah crazy. I mean the president would have to do something weird like issue a 'Presidential Order' or something. You know that can't happen. Right? Right?
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:21:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Yeah, no way. No Senator or Representative is going to sponsor legislation like that. It'd be crazy. As crazy as the administration arming Mexican drug cartels or standing by and allowing a US ambassador to be captured and tortured to death. Yeah crazy. I mean the president would have to do something weird like issue a 'Presidential Order' or something. You know that can't happen. Right? Right?

The term is executive order, and he cannot issue one to ban all guns, that is not how it works.  Obviously we need to stay vigilant to protect our rights, but spreading statements like that doesn't help anything.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 8:37:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Did he happen to mention if things were pretty nuts up there??(more than usual anyway lol) I have tried calling there a couple times this week with no answer..phone rings 3 or 4 times then it goes straight to the managers voicemail...I tend to believe its a looney ben up there since Tuesday night.
Quoted:
Lol, there are people on this board who work there, one of whom I speak to regularly.  I got a message from him last night making fun of a statement like that, and now I know where he heard it.  

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I know it's 'Executive Order'. I was overstating the issue because we are surrounded by citizens who trust that we are led by a president who has a healthy respect for the Constitution.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#20]
iirc they're a regional distributor for a lot of major AR15 makers, so that is BS.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I know it's 'Executive Order'. I was overstating the issue because we are surrounded by citizens who trust that we are led by a president who has a healthy respect for the Constitution.  

This is what I am afraid of.

Being reelected, by any margin, somewhat reaffirms and emboldens any agendas they were considering before. Couple that with the second term "freedom" of not having to worry about another election for the president, who will bear the brunt of the movement anyway.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Did he happen to mention if things were pretty nuts up there??(more than usual anyway lol) I have tried calling there a couple times this week with no answer..phone rings 3 or 4 times then it goes straight to the managers voicemail...I tend to believe its a looney ben up there since Tuesday night.
Quoted:

They were going crazy on Wednesday.
I have a close friend that works there. I will try to confirm the OP's statement.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Indeed.  I think your work buddy is one of the sources of gun shop rumors.

I was at that store, it's in Columbus, about 2 months ago.  They sell Glocks through the Blue Glock program for mil/LEO's.

They have a pretty nice store and had quality AR's.  There hasn't even been an announcement for any bills or orders being written, yet.  IF something had been PROPOSED, then it would be a time to consider such a business decision.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 1:22:41 AM EDT
[#24]
A ban won't come by way of legislation; it will come by court order when Justice Kennedy retires. All they need is one more liberal crackpot to replace him to overturn Heller.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:18:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Boy were they ever crazy busy yesterday...walked in and made a attempt to look around and always found myself either bumping into somebody, nose to nose with somebodys backside while trying to look in a case or just the basic mosh pit feel so I just turned around and walked out...even if there was a gun I would have liked to look at I wasnt prepared for the insane wait.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Local pawn shop here has a wall full of AR's, mostly new and another wall behind the counter full of AK's
including a new PAP AK Pistola with a 75 round drum hanging next to it...I want one bad to put a stamp and stock on it
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Local pawn shop here has a wall full of AR's, mostly new and another wall behind the counter full of AK's
including a new PAP AK Pistola with a 75 round drum hanging next to it...I want one bad to put a stamp and stock on it

What shop and where?

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What shop and where?

Pack Rats Pawn Shop in Defiance 419 area code

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top