Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 3:18:13 PM EDT
I just now heard about this event on the Mark Levin radio show.  It's scheduled for tomorrow, to be held downtown, as shown on Congress(wo)man Bachmann's (R, MN) Website:

Bachmann Calls on the American People to Bring the Town Hall To Washington
"This is the deciding moment and the people need to make sure their representatives know where they stand."

WHAT: .......... Health Care “House Call” on Washington Press Conference

WHO: ............ Republican Members of Congress
..................... Actor Jon Voight, Radio Host Mark Levin, and others.

WHEN: .......... Thursday, November 5, 2009 from 12:00-2

WHERE: ........ West Front of the U.S. Capitol (House Side)

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann released the following statement as the House of Representatives approaches a vote on the Democrats’ health care reform proposal:

“The American people spoke loud and clear at town hall meetings all across the country throughout August.  But, it would appear that Congress didn’t hear a word they had to say.  The Democrats’ latest health care proposal unveiled late last week may be packaged a little differently, but it’s the same old bad bill as before.

“This bill is a trillion-dollar, budget-busting, government takeover of our health care system.  It will put bureaucrats between people and their health care.  It will lead to rationed care, hurting the most vulnerable amongst us first.  It will break the bank, leaving our children to pay the bill with diminished freedoms and dwindling prosperity.

“The American people need to stand up again and make sure that Congress hears them this time.  Speaker Pelosi is putting her bill on fast track to a vote – and it remains to be seen if the House will even get a chance to vote on the commonsense Republican alternatives.  The people need to make a House Call on Washington this week and tell their Representatives to vote no to a government take-over of one-fifth of our economy.  This is gangster government at its worst.

“I urge all Americans to come to Washington this Thursday.  Come and meet up with your Representative and tell them that you want to control your health care.”

Mark's description of this event sounded an awful lot like VCDL's annual January Legislature visit.  

It's so short notice, there's no chance for me to be there.  While there's no direct 2A tie-in, Bachmann was rated "A" by the NRA PVF (Political Victory Fund) in 2008.  I'd be interested reading comments by any attendees ...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to go, but the short notice has left me out.  In a business the size of mine, time away usually has to be carefully prearranged.
I hope she has good turnout.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#2]
As a side note....Is it just me, or is Michele Bachmann a very sexy woman?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:05:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'd like to go, but the short notice has left me out.  In a business the size of mine, time away usually has to be carefully prearranged.
I hope she has good turnout.

I'm in the same boat, and it pi$$e$ me off.  The thought that I cannot participate in stopping our country going down the healthcare tubes because of my job almost causes me shame.  

Maybe I can go on welfare so I'll have time to work the system fulltime.  I'm sure there will always be a bus available from some organization or the other to drive me wherever I need to be to do this.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:54:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Maybe I can go on welfare so I'll have time to work the system fulltime.  I'm sure there will always be a bus available from some organization or the other to drive me wherever I need to be to do this.

Thanks for the reminder... Now I'm pissed, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top