Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 7:29:53 AM EDT
Thanks to the massive rain storm we had it looks like some of the shooting areas in the forest are OPEN.

www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/recreation/hunting/recreationalshooting.shtml

But, call the numbers on the site to make sure.

Road 1N09 is an awesome place to shoot. Great scenery and nobody bugs you if you shoot ARs, etc.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Where is 1N09? I couldn't find it on this map closed areas in the SBNF.

Edited to add: Yeah, that's a list of closed roads, but I didn't think they'd change it very quickly, plus it was the only map I found a link to.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Where is 1N09? I couldn't find it on this map closed areas in the SBNF.

Edited to add: Yeah, that's a list of closed roads, but I didn't think they'd change it very quickly, plus it was the only map I found a link to.

off hwy 330 on the way to Running Springs.

There is a wally-mart in Highland off the 30 fwy and it takes me exactly 20 minutes from there.

Drive up the 330 til you see the "Manzanita Flats" turn-off.Follow that to the shooting areas.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
thats where i go all the time, its about a 15 minute drive from my house. manzanita is cool , just sucks it get closed down for like 6 months out of the year these days. some friends and i will be heading up there tomorrow, perhaps ill see some of you guys out there.  fun place to shoot just be prepared for some rough roads, especially right after a storm like we just had.

-scott
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top