Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 6:46:03 PM EDT
I recently aquired a Bushy XM15-E2S A3 16"er (factory new) and I don't know alot about these rifles at all. I am new to the shooting scene and am interested in a shooting partner that knows about this rifle. I have yet to shoot it because I do not want to fire it without 1st learning how to disassemble it and clean it . I have respect for my firearms in this sense. I am a proud pistol owner (Ruger P89T 9mm) but have yet to venture into rifles. I live in the East Mesa area, so if anyone is willing to go shooting with me, let me know! I eventually want to get a laser bore sighter and a nice scope for it but I want to get 0'd in 1st. I don't know many people here in the East Valley so any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys!

http://cykovisuals.com/images/arsenal_sm.jpg

PS. I also do engraving, web graphics & logo design! Also, I am from Houston originally.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
... Welcome aboard! You should try THIS for starters
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#2]
there are several of us that shoot at Rio Salado on the weekends, I might be there Sunday morning.

I shoot two AR's one with a scope and one with a stubby stock so it should be easy to spot.  Im not an expert, but I do play one on the big screen.  I usualy have a P90 with me too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome cyko h.gif  I'm a newby here too.  I'll be learning right along side ya.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude, hit me up with an email or private message and I'll go blasting with you.  I might be down for tomorrow morning, and I'm free all day Thursday.  I live in East Mesa also.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:20:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Somebody stole your bayo stud.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:14:29 AM EDT
[#6]
 I also shoot at Rio a lot and will be going this Sat. morning.   Feel free to IM me!

moon
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:20:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I congratulate you on not just saying hi for your first post.  Well done, and welcome aboard.

I deem this thread not to be a trap.

P.S. you should have bought a Colt.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:11:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm in East Mesa also-- hey, maybe it's a good Saturday for a group shoot at Rio..?

Mike
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I would be up for a shoot this saturday except for the man has me working sat-tuesday. Congrats on your new purchase. Ar's are like prigles. Once you pop you just cant stop. Seriously, I am currently building my third AR and I have 5 total. Well one is a M16 but I'll include it to make my collection sound bigger. Oh yeah, go buy a bore snake. I love those things and it makes cleaning the barrel much easier. Also works on .22's too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:23:45 AM EDT
[#10]
First, I'd start with some light reading of these guides: www.ar15.com/content/guides/

Those will give you a good foundation and will show you how to maintain your rifle. There's also a few exploded parts diagrams that will show you where everything is and how it fits together. I would recommend printing them out and walking through each step by step with your (UNLOADED) rifle in front of you so you can see how it all works in action. Work the action, dry fire it a couple (hundred) times. Get used to the feel. After you've done that, you'll probably have 50+ more questions.

Just so we're giving you sound advice on optics/accessories, what do you plan to do with it? Is it going to be a hunting rifle, if so, what're you hunting? Predators, deer, squirrels/p-dogs? Is it going to be a plinker for popping cans, paper, etc from relatively short range (<200)? Will it be a precision scoped rifle (for hunting or target) for longer range (>200) targets? Or does it need to be a relatively all-purpose rifle that can fill the need for each.

If we know what you're primarily going to use it for, we can suggest optics, accessories, ammo, hunting locations/tactics, shooting locations and anything else you might want to know.

Ask away!/
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Cyko

Welcome and nice rifle

Some of use arfcomers are going to meet up at the range in Casa Grande on Saturday morning.

You are more than welcome to come shoot with us.

Neanderthal
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the replies, guys! And for the warm welcome, this site is great. have
wedge, you wouldn't happen to be a farker would you? hehe, I could've bought the Colt for the same price but it had the 20" barrel and I wanted something designed for more of a CQB effect. The rifle alone weighs just over 7 lbs (without mag), so it is very light, and I like that about it.

Thanks for all the input and help guys! I will try and make it out to one of the ranges asap. I'll let ya know.

P.S. Was this rifle supposed to come with a bayo stud? This is a post-ban model, and as far as I know, bayonets aren't allowed on them, feel free to correct me on this, as I am also naive to the fine details of the AWB laws. I guess they won't matter after the 14th, w00t!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:29:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Another East Mesa resident and Rio shooter here. I usually go on Sundays though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:57:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
P.S. you should have bought a Colt.

You are correct, SIR!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:36:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll buy a COLT next, that way I can have both. I will probably go with the 20" on the COLT, though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#16]
 cyko, speaking as a resident Colt Snob, I think you will do just fine with a bushy...my first civie AR was a Bushie and it was great....you have a great started...once the ban goes away...THEN BUY A COLT!!!  You'll be doing good...still heading out to Rio on Saturday if you would like to join me.  I have to teach a friend of mine the 1911 ropes...I can help you on your AR also.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'll buy a COLT next, that way I can have both. I will probably go with the 20" on the COLT, though.

That's very good.  Everyone makes mistakes.  As I know it the bayonet lug is a no no on a post ban rifle.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#19]

As I know it the bayonet lug is a no no on a post ban rifle.

Yeah, thats what I thought too. I may head out to Rio this Saturday also, I will PM you, desertmoon, if I decide to go, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I am a proud pistol owner (Ruger P89T 9mm)

You really should keep this info to yourself.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Sigh... no one can be the new guy forever.   First I lose the eastern outpost title, and now the new guy title.  Welcome aboard cyko.

Mike

PS.  I'm still claiming the east thing till prebans does a change of address.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#22]
If you want some quality instruction, you can go here TacTrain.  The majority of courses are held at Ben Avery in the north central Phoenix.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Cyko,
  Welcome! I'm also in East Mesa and go to Rio Salado often. In fact I live right down the street from there. It takes me 5-6 minutes to drive there! I might be heading up there Sat or Sunday. Send me an e-mail......I sent you a message. I like Bushmasters, too! My first AR Rifle was a Bushmaster, My second was also...Then I found Cavalry Arms.....my third, fourth and fifth Ar's have been CAV-15's.  www.cavalryarms.com/
My next AR will most likely be another Bushmaster....Since I have since sold the ones I had.

Later,
-John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top