Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2006 8:58:29 AM EDT
I was at Webb today and saw about 6 trainees getting introduced to the ranges.  I really like the orange hats!  
They said metal targets are OK on the 100 yard range as long as it is placed on the berm.  Good news.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Post whore!

Just kidding. That is something we say to someone who posts a lot. So where do you hide? 4 posts in 30 months?

Interesting. Range Officers. Paid? Volunteers?

I am always suspicious of "authority". Don't need the man to keep me down.

Like I said.

Hmmmmmmmm.

jj
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder when they're going to build that club-house.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am always suspicious of "authority". Don't need the man to keep me down.

Yup...  gotta watch Whitey!  
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh great...  a .gov nanny

I don't need no stinking .gov nanny
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They said metal targets are OK on the 100 yard range as long as it is placed on the berm.  Good news.

you shoulda asked'm about tannerite.....  
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes asking forgiveness is easier that asking permission.

Sometimes.
jj
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes.

jj

Just don't push it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:00:07 AM EDT
[#8]
THANK GOD

Maybe this will weed out the STUPID

I moved to Punta gorda back about 4 years ago , And I shoot at web!
mostly at the 200yard range

Ive Seen guys Drinking
pointing/handle weapons while Cold
Ive seen Self Proclaim Instructors who dont know much about Safety or even shooting

In IN. I had my OWN RANGE so my Daughter could shoot  without worrying about being shot

I refuse to bring her to Webb Range

Maybe that will change now

ALSO I have FOUND SUPER NICE Guys & Gals there who care about the safety of others !

I wish WEBB would have a special day where Dads/Moms and Sons or daughters could shoot
22Lr or 17 small caliber  No Bump fireing

My Daughters is 9yr old and loves shooting
But she would stop if She had to sit by someone Bump Fireing a AK or AR etc!
Hot Brass hitting her etc

I really want her to have FUN and Learn

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:01:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes.
jj

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:02:51 AM EDT
[#10]
WHO was the guy I was going to give away all my Bandoliers to

speak up

Im sorry I was sick that Day

Email me
Rich
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
THANK GOD

Maybe this will weed out the STUPID

I moved to Punta gorda back about 4 years ago , And I shoot at web!
mostly at the 200yard range

Ive Seen guys Drinking
pointing/handle weapons while Cold
Ive seen Self Proclaim Instructors who dont know much about Safety or even shooting

In IN. I had my OWN RANGE so my Daughter could shoot  without worrying about being shot

I refuse to bring her to Webb Range

Maybe that will change now

ALSO I have FOUND SUPER NICE Guys & Gals there who care about the safety of others !

I wish WEBB would have a special day where Dads/Moms and Sons or daughters could shoot
22Lr or 17 small caliber  No Bump fireing

My Daughters is 9yr old and loves shooting
But she would stop if She had to sit by someone Bump Fireing a AK or AR etc!
Hot Brass hitting her etc

I really want her to have FUN and Learn

I  agree with most of that.I have had people at the 200 yard range get ready to start shooting from the cold line.And when I asked them to step up to the firing line one of them says why would I do that? so I can get hit by your empties?.I didn't stay long that day.That being said at a public range if you do not want to be hit by brass your in the wrong place.Have you ever been to Knights Trail? even in that enviroment stupid abounds. And like Ron White says "You can't fix stupid"
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
WHO was the guy I was going to give away all my Bandoliers to

speak up

Im sorry I was sick that Day

Email me
Rich

It was ME!

Range Nazis at Webb huh?!?! There goes any more sacrifices to the ArfCom god of stuffed animal destruction
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Have you ever been to Knights Trail? even in that enviroment stupid abounds. And like Ron White says "You can't fix stupid"

that IS a fact
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#14]
So did the Halloween Shooters encounter these range officials at Webb today?
How did that go?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How did that go?

Like you I had other obligations today.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
How did that go?

Yes, there were indeed range officers at Webb today. I noticed at least two, but they were not always present at the 100 yard range. The first one to appear did have on the orange cap noted in the above posts. He allowed us to set off Tannerite and shoot pistols on the rifle range- but stopped us from slaughtering large numbers of pumpkins.

The second range officer to appear was a FWC official of some type. He asked that we not shoot pistols on the rifle range but he was pleasant and mild mannered and at no time did he act like a hard ass.

ETA: The first range officer told me they were there in response to the accidental shooting a few weeks ago during a safety course when an instructor was shot in the leg. Maybe someone has a link to that story.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How did that go?

Yes, there were indeed range officers at Webb today. I noticed at least two, but they were not always present at the 100 yard range. The first one to appear did have on the orange cap noted in the above posts. He allowed us to set off Tannerite and shoot pistols on the rifle range- but stopped us from slaughtering large numbers of pumpkins.

The second range officer to appear was a FWC official of some type. He asked that we not shoot pistols on the rifle range but he was pleasant and mild mannered and at no time did he act like a hard ass.

ETA: The first range officer told me they were there in response to the accidental shooting a few weeks ago during a safety course when an instructor was shot in the leg. Maybe someone has a link to that story.
  ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=246315  theres always going to be some dumbass to screw it up for the rest of us.  In this case I'm not sure who that person was???
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:08:02 AM EDT
[#18]
So did anyone ask if we can still shoot full-auto?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
So did anyone ask if we can still shoot full-auto?

Do you think he would notice from his lawn chair at the Gate?
jj
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Only if he has his hearing aid in.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#21]
He heard the tanerite go off !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top