Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 11:23:07 AM EDT
Hey Folks,
I am looking for a little guidance and/or assistance.  I need to set the BS0 on my weapon.  I would like to do it right, and not hope I marked off 25yards at Brown's camp correctly and lay in the mud for nothing if I didn't get the range correct.  So I guess what I am looking for is a "Real cheap" 25yard rifle range that I can go to and set my Battle Sight Zero.

Thanks,
Chad
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Any reason for 25 yards and not 50? 50 yards is a bit more typical.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I should have written 25 meters rather then yards.

25 Meters is the basis for the military Battle Sight Zero.  Once sighted in the elevation adjustment is correct for all ranges out to 300 meters.  
Now I have been reading about "mproved Battlesight Zero"  but I am a stuborn, and like to stick with what I know, and I know the Army Battlesight Zero.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I should have written 25 meters rather then yards.

25 Meters is the basis for the military Battle Sight Zero.  Once sighted in the elevation adjustment is correct for all ranges out to 300 meters.  
Now I have been reading about "mproved Battlesight Zero"  but I am a stuborn, and like to stick with what I know, and I know the Army Battlesight Zero.

I'd offer to take you out to TCGC, but the closest we have is 50 yards.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#4]
So there are no 25 year/meter rifle ranges near Portland?  Damn that sucks
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:08:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, sort of. PSTC in Clackamas is an indoor range that allows long guns, no magnums, I believe up to .30 cal. There are 10 lanes and it is a really good indoor range with good people running it. I shoot my AR's and pistol cal carbines regularly.

It is 25 yards, not 25 meters so you loose ~75 inches. (let see? did I do that right? 39"-36" = 3" x 25yd = 75").

Non-member: $15, as a guest $9
Ammo: you have to buy the PSTC ammo, usally AE. $4 or $4.50 a box.

I can get you in as a guest sometime today or tomorrow if interested. PM me if you want. Always looking for a reason to go shooting.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:59:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info and the offers.  I have to wait for my upper to get back from the factory with the new barrel on it, but once that gets in I'll get back to you all.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes, sort of. PSTC in Clackamas is an indoor range that allows long guns, no magnums, I believe up to .30 cal. There are 10 lanes and it is a really good indoor range with good people running it. I shoot my AR's and pistol cal carbines regularly.

It is 25 yards, not 25 meters so you loose ~75 inches. (let see? did I do that right? 39"-36" = 3" x 25yd = 75").

Non-member: $15, as a guest $9
Ammo: you have to buy the PSTC ammo, usally AE. $4 or $4.50 a box.

I can get you in as a guest sometime today or tomorrow if interested. PM me if you want. Always looking for a reason to go shooting.

Does PSTC allow non-members to shoot long guns? Its been awhile since I have been there, but thought they said that only members could shoot long guns there...

Thanks!
Dave
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Buck...I would call and ask first but...as a guest it's not an issue and yes, guest can have their own lane. I take people all the time just to show them different guns and rifles. It takes 20 minutes to go through orientation.

The real draw for me is it's - 5 minutes from home
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#9]
If your in the SE area i could take you out to DRRC  you can your 25M target on the 100yrd range they have movable stands you can put where you want them.

Gary
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top