Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2013 1:30:11 PM EDT
I have a PST on order, but have time to function check my AR tomorrow. Anyone have a cheap sight they would let me borrow for tomorrow only? I will be going to the Garland range for a little bit and wanted to fire check and adjust the gas block.

Thanks

Dan
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#1]
You can just go to the range and use the front site like a shotgun on the short range if your just checking function.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#2]
walmart
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You can just go to the range and use the front site like a shotgun on the short range if your just checking function.

doesnt have a front sight.....
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Invest in some cheap Magpul backup sights since low end red dots are unreliable.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Invest in some cheap Magpul backup sights since low end red dots are unreliable.

I'd rather not throw away money on things I don't need. I have a set of Troys on BO now. Just trying to find someone willing to help a guy out.

If anyone is worried about me running away with your sight I'd happily give you whatever cash to hold onto until I bring it back.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Not really worth your time to pop a RDS on it.

Just aim down the barrel at 50 yards if you are doing a function check.  Center the target on your upper rail, right in the middle.  Have a BIG target

Or If you are going to an indoor range, just move the target up close.  7 yards or something
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:45:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd rather not throw away money on things I don't need. I have a set of Troys on BO now. Just trying to find someone willing to help a guy out.

If anyone is worried about me running away with your sight I'd happily give you whatever cash to hold onto until I bring it back.

Do like most gangsters & 3rd world fighters - fire from the hip!  Sounds like you are looking at more than function testing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do like most gangsters & 3rd world fighters - fire from the hip!  Sounds like you are looking at more than function testing.

Yeah I guess so, more of a function test, adjust the gas block, and break in the barrel...

If I cant find something I wont worry about it until my orders get here. . Just thought since I had time to burn I would at least get something done in the terms of progress.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top