Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 1/21/2013 1:30:11 PM EDT
I have a PST on order, but have time to function check my AR tomorrow. Anyone have a cheap sight they would let me borrow for tomorrow only? I will be going to the Garland range for a little bit and wanted to fire check and adjust the gas block.

Thanks

Dan
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 1:48:00 PM EDT
You can just go to the range and use the front site like a shotgun on the short range if your just checking function.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 1:57:58 PM EDT
walmart
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:05:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Barman84:
You can just go to the range and use the front site like a shotgun on the short range if your just checking function.

doesnt have a front sight.....
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:42:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sprayed99:

Invest in some cheap Magpul backup sights since low end red dots are unreliable.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:50:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tboy:

Invest in some cheap Magpul backup sights since low end red dots are unreliable.

I'd rather not throw away money on things I don't need. I have a set of Troys on BO now. Just trying to find someone willing to help a guy out.

If anyone is worried about me running away with your sight I'd happily give you whatever cash to hold onto until I bring it back.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:53:48 PM EDT
Not really worth your time to pop a RDS on it.

Just aim down the barrel at 50 yards if you are doing a function check. Center the target on your upper rail, right in the middle. Have a BIG target

Or If you are going to an indoor range, just move the target up close. 7 yards or something
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:45:07 PM EDT

I'd rather not throw away money on things I don't need. I have a set of Troys on BO now. Just trying to find someone willing to help a guy out.

If anyone is worried about me running away with your sight I'd happily give you whatever cash to hold onto until I bring it back.

Do like most gangsters & 3rd world fighters - fire from the hip! Sounds like you are looking at more than function testing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:52:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:15:49 PM EDT

Do like most gangsters & 3rd world fighters - fire from the hip! Sounds like you are looking at more than function testing.

Yeah I guess so, more of a function test, adjust the gas block, and break in the barrel...

If I cant find something I wont worry about it until my orders get here. . Just thought since I had time to burn I would at least get something done in the terms of progress.

Top Top