Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 9/5/2016 9:38:11 PM EST
Where would a non resident have the best chance of drawing a tag and actually dropping a moose? Antlers don't matter, this is all about the tasty, tasty moose meat.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:00:07 AM EST
Alaska.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:26:29 PM EST
Yeah, Alaska.

I believe the moose hunt in Idaho is a draw for a cow or a bull, and is good for entire state. Once in a lifetime kill for each sex.

Most never draw it. I don't bother to put in, as I'm drawing for elk tags all the time.

Someday I'd like to go to Alaska and drop a moose.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 2:59:32 PM EST
Hate to echo everyone else, but Alaska. I've put in for it every year the past 15-20 years and have never been drawn. I was born and raised here, but moved to Texas for a brief spell after college so I've applied as a resident and non-resident. Last year was the first year I didn't and will likely not again for the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:19:29 PM EST
i have not put in for moose for 40yrs. If I had to buy oos lic. and spend bucks doing it I would go to the Yukon and bag a monster. The moose here are a small variety BUT are quite tasty.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:37:10 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MyAliyah:
i have not put in for moose for 40yrs. If I had to buy oos lic. and spend bucks doing it I would go to the Yukon and bag a monster. The moose here are a small variety BUT are quite tasty.
View Quote

Well the lady who help me find my house got a 1200 Lb around Mackay Id . But don't tell no body. And yes the head is on the wall
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 9:40:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/17/2016 9:40:47 PM EST by DaveP1]
I just put in my upteenth tag request this last season as a non-resident and have never drawn one, for either Idaho or Montana, where I am a resident, by the time I draw one, I will be to old to hunt the darn thing!
Top Top