Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2016 10:38:11 PM EDT
Where would a non resident have the best chance of drawing a tag and actually dropping a moose?  Antlers don't matter, this is all about the tasty, tasty moose meat.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Alaska.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, Alaska.  

I believe the moose hunt in Idaho is a draw for a cow or a bull, and is good for entire state.  Once in a lifetime kill for each sex.

Most never draw it.  I don't bother to put in, as I'm drawing for elk tags all the time.

Someday I'd like to go to Alaska and drop a moose.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Hate to echo everyone else, but Alaska.  I've put in for it every year the past 15-20 years and have never been drawn.  I was born and raised here, but moved to Texas for a brief spell after college so I've applied as a resident and non-resident.  Last year was the first year I didn't and will likely not again for the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#4]
i have not put in for moose for 40yrs.  If I had to buy oos lic. and spend bucks doing it I would go to the Yukon and bag a monster.  The moose here are a small variety BUT are quite tasty.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i have not put in for moose for 40yrs.  If I had to buy oos lic. and spend bucks doing it I would go to the Yukon and bag a monster.  The moose here are a small variety BUT are quite tasty.
View Quote

Well the lady who help me find my house got a 1200 Lb around Mackay Id . But don't tell no body. And yes the head is on the wall
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 10:40:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I just put in my upteenth tag request this last season as a non-resident and have never drawn one, for either Idaho or Montana, where I am a resident, by the time I draw one, I will be to old to hunt the darn thing!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top