Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 8:10:33 AM EDT
My dumbass friend sold his green label Colt a few years ago and now wants to buy another Colt or Bushy preban. He would prefer a FTF or local dealer in Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess or Orange counties. Don't limit you replies to only these counties as he will consider just having it shipped to a FFL in the area.

Please IM me with replies and do not post any details about rifles for sale in this thread.

Please feel free to post here what a dumbass he was for getting rid of his rifle. He never told me that he was selling it or I would have bought it myself.

Thanks in advance.

This request has been approved by Helldoggy and will be deleted if anyone replies in this thread with a rifle for sale.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Please feel free to post here what a dumbass he was for getting rid of his rifle.

OK, he was a dumbass.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Please feel free to post here what a dumbass he was for getting rid of his rifle.

OK, he was a dumbass.

That's what I told him. He said he already knew that.

Is this your semi-annual post in the NY Forum?

Where ya been?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out  www.sportingconversions.com

He has a nice pre-ban Colt.  He is in Pulaski NY.  A little out of the way!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#4]
No, he was not a dumbass.  The fact is that he will most probably pay far less for it now than what he sold his for a few years ago.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually he is a dumbass. I think he sold it for what he paid for it new back in the eighties. He never called me to ask what it was worth. If I'd known he wanted to get rid of it I would have bought it myself. I don't think it had more then 100 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Actually he is a dumbass. I think he sold it for what he paid for it new back in the eighties. He never called me to ask what it was worth. If I'd known he wanted to get rid of it I would have bought it myself. I don't think it had more then 100 rounds through it.

I retract my previous statement.  In 1988 a new Colt green label was around $700.  He is a dumbass for selling it for around that when he could have gotten at least $1400-$1500 for it a few years ago.  Keep your eyes peeled.  There have been quite a few preban Colts and Bushmasters available in the $850-$950 range lately.  I would not pay more than that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:09:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the price range Raptor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top