Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2010 9:38:16 AM EDT
I am asking for some help from Washington arfcom members.

Looking for info on a ffl in the Spokane area who is good to arfcom members.

I am sending a complete lower to my brother in law from my first marriage who after visiting out here in Az and shooting some of my evil black rifles has caught the BRD.

Any info on shops for parts,uppers mags ammo and the like from anywhere in the state will be passed on to him.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#1]
For the Spokane area I have heard good things about Sharp Shooters Supply on Freya Ave.

I personally like High Mountain Hunting Supply in Wenatchee.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

For the Spokane area I have heard good things about Sharp Shooters Supply on Freya Ave.

Booooo

Don't support Sharp Shooters as they won't support all your rights.

There is a large stop sign on the door that tells you to stop and make sure all firearms are unloaded and in the case. You will probably get away with concealed because it is concealed but they WILL NOT allow you to open carry.

There explanation is that they have a lot of new shooters and don't want them coming into the gun store/range and being scared off by a person visibly carrying a gun. That is a direct quote. Multiple people have gone in to talk to them about it from opencarry.org (including myself) and they are unwilling to change the stores policies.

Any gun store that won't support my legal right to carry a firearm is not a gun store I will frequent or support.

I have always used "The Cash Connection" for transfers (about 6 now) they are polite, quick and cheap.

For parts there are a lot of smaller firearms stores in the area that support your rights that can help you out. There is also Cabelas just down the highway in Post Falls. And always the vast interwebs.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 10:45:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Unless that came from the store manager, that is probably not the real reason. It's probably a liability issue.

In my Utah CFP and NRA Classes I don't allow loaded firearms or live ammo in the classroom (myself included) in order to prevent accidents from happening.

Some dipshit probably had an AD in the store years and years ago.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Bill @ Best Buy Surplus FTW...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Unless that came from the store manager, that is probably not the real reason. It's probably a liability issue.

In my Utah CFP and NRA Classes I don't allow loaded firearms or live ammo in the classroom (myself included) in order to prevent accidents from happening.

No. It is from the manager and the owner Robin.

The employees will open carry. But you are not allowed too.

The manager (Jake, or Jacob or Jeremiah or some J name at the time I believe) told me if I was going to the range he didn't care if I conceal carried as long as I didn't show it off.

There is a reason why they are on the WA State do not patronize list on the WA forum at ocdo.

Edit: And the Bullshit about firearms being a liability because someone had a nd is exactly that. Bull shit. In a classroom for new shooters, sure I can understand it. But to ban loaded firearms to be carried on ones person in a legal manner in a firearm store / gun range is ludicrous.

Edit again: Would also like to add that until I and a few other people began discussing OC with the employees and owner there were major problems coming from this location regarding false information. They had been misinforming peolpe regarding the legality of open carry in WA state leading people to believe it was illegal.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Bill or Shawn at bestbuy surplus.

/endthread

Link Posted: 1/29/2010 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The manager (Jake, or Jacob or Jeremiah or some J name at the time I believe) told me if I was going to the range he didn't care if I conceal carried as long as I didn't show it off.

There is a reason why they are on the WA State do not patronize list on the WA forum at ocdo.

Edit: And the Bullshit about firearms being a liability because someone had a nd is exactly that. Bull shit. In a classroom for new shooters, sure I can understand it. But to ban loaded firearms to be carried on ones person in a legal manner in a firearm store / gun range is ludicrous.

Edit again: Would also like to add that until I and a few other people began discussing OC with the employees and owner there were major problems coming from this location regarding false information. They had been misinforming peolpe regarding the legality of open carry in WA state leading people to believe it was illegal.

I'm not going to hijack the thread, but I do want to say that IMHO property rights trump OC rights...but it is also your right to vote with your wallet.

Link Posted: 1/29/2010 1:30:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not going to hijack the thread, but I do want to say that IMHO property rights trump OC rights...but it is also your right to vote with your wallet.

I never said any statement regarding their legal right to not allow open carry.

I am simply saying that any firearm dealer / gun range that does not support ALL gun rights will not and should not receive any support from myself or other gun rights advocates.

If you wish to support a store that doesn't support you back, go ahead.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually it's a condition for their insurance policy.  And it's not at all uncommon for shops that have a range.  The biggest problem I have with sharp shooting is the prices, and often hear quite a bit of uneducated BS from the sales staff when working with customers.  But for the most part, they are nice enough.

As far as a good FFL, go with Axel Raven on Division or NW Pawn and Collector Arms on Pines.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

/endthread

Ok it looks like I need a way to get in touch with bestbuy surplus anyone have there phone # or do they have a web site.

Link Posted: 1/29/2010 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

/endthread

Ok it looks like I need a way to get in touch with bestbuy surplus anyone have there phone # or do they have a web site.

had to be done.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top