Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 7:26:02 AM EDT
I bought a couple of the Global Trades 1.6mm AK receivers a year or two ago, right after the ban lifted.  Now I have a couple AK kits to build up but I need to have the trunnions narrowed first.  I don't have the capability to do it myself and I'd prefer not to have to send them all the way back to Global Trades to do it.  Does anyone know of a machine shop or other place in NOVA that would do it for a reasonable price?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Give Sandy or Robert Garrett a call and see if they can help you out.  I'm not sure but you dont know unless ya ask.  Northern Va Gunworks, Inc., 7518-K  Fullerton Rd., Sprinfield, VA 22153, 703-644-6504.  They are busy in the shop sometimes so you might have to leave a message.  They did real nice work on my AR's.  Fast turn around time.  Remember "some" custom work done well is not always cheap, but it will be done right with them.  If they cant do it they will tell you.  No BS with them.  Dont be turned off by their customer service voice...haha.  They are without a doubt excellent gunsmiths.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#2]
wolfpack,
Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll give them a try.  I was hoping to find someone out in the Chantilly or Sterling area that might do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top