Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 1:52:48 PM EDT
I`ve got the chance to transfer to Stuards Draft (west of Waynesboro and Charlottesville) haven`t been there yet but seems like is out in the middle of nowhere and small, any info (shooting ranges, things to do) you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. -Todd
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I`ve got the chance to transfer to Stuards Draft (west of Waynesboro and Charlottesville) haven`t been there yet but seems like is out in the middle of nowhere and small, any info (shooting ranges, things to do) you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. -Todd

Stuarts Draft isn't as far in the sticks as other places in Virginia, in fact that area is really growing.  Within an easy drive you have the Hite Hollow National Forest shooting range to the west and the Rivanana River gun club to the east.  Both ranges will be a 30-40 minute drive.

Welcome to Virginia!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm just over the Big Mountains from there in Nelson County and I like that area. You have Waynesboro and Staunton nearby. I-64 and I-81 are very close also. Lots of farmland around as well as beautiful scenery. Wintergreen Resort is very close by if you like skiing. Blue Ridge Parkway, Skyline Drive and the National Forests are really close too.

As far as ranges, Hite Hollow is maybe an hour? or so away. There are/were Gunshows at Expoland and Harrisonburg and I don't know the current status on them now.

IM Mallcop, he can prolly be of more help than I. He is in/near that area.

Danny

P.S. My favorite part of that area is The Old Schoolhouse Restaraunt <sp>.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Just moved to Staunton a few months ago from NY...Best thing that ever happened to me!!! I looked at Stuarts Draft and really liked the area. Far enough away from the bullshit but close enough to things to do. The prices are still affordable and your close to Lexington, C'ville, Staunton and Harrisonburg. All cool towns.

I'm going to the Gun Show this weekend at the Augusta County Expo Center...my first gun show in a free state!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I live in Fishersville about a 15 minute commute from the "Draft" and can show you all the local shops and such.  It  just so happens that the Shenandoah Valley has more Class 3 weapons folk per capta than any place on the east coast (says the local ATF man) so we are pretty much gun whores down here! :)  Anyhow I will IM with my cell and e-mail so we can get in touch.  I guess you are going to work for one of the major companies located in Draft?

Later,
Adrian
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Danny likes the Old School House in Draft because he can get Frogs Legs on the buffet I bet. :)

Quoted:
I'm just over the Big Mountains from there in Nelson County and I like that area. You have Waynesboro and Staunton nearby. I-64 and I-81 are very close also. Lots of farmland around as well as beautiful scenery. Wintergreen Resort is very close by if you like skiing. Blue Ridge Parkway, Skyline Drive and the National Forests are really close too.

As far as ranges, Hite Hollow is maybe an hour? or so away. There are/were Gunshows at Expoland and Harrisonburg and I don't know the current status on them now.

IM Mallcop, he can prolly be of more help than I. He is in/near that area.

Danny

P.S. My favorite part of that area is The Old Schoolhouse Restaraunt <sp>.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Got a chance to work at Rexnord, they bought the company I work for and is moving some of the products we make down there.-Todd
P.s. thanks for all the replys
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Danny likes the Old School House in Draft because he can get Frogs Crab Legs on the buffet I bet. :)

Close.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just moved to Staunton a few months ago from NY...Best thing that ever happened to me!!! I looked at Stuarts Draft and really liked the area. Far enough away from the bullshit but close enough to things to do. The prices are still affordable and your close to Lexington, C'ville, Staunton and Harrisonburg. All cool towns.

I'm going to the Gun Show this weekend at the Augusta County Expo Center...my first gun show in a free state!!!

Good luck finding anything.  I was born in Staunton and lived in C'ville vor 18 years and for years all they had at that gun show were Marlin's and Winchester lever actions, but maybe times have changed.  Glad you like Virginia, glad you could join us down here.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:14:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Good luck finding anything.  I was born in Staunton and lived in C'ville vor 18 years and for years all they had at that gun show were Marlin's and Winchester lever actions, but maybe times have changed.

The Fisherville show at Expoland occasionally brings in Dark Sun and a few other Richmond regulars. Depends on their schedule for other larger gunshows,though. I've bought AR mags there before,so it's not all wood and blued steel anymore.

BTW, another gun club in that area is Shenandale (sp?) down near Hite Hollow off of Rte 42. Then again, Hite Hollow is free!

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:28:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The Fisherville show at Expoland occasionally brings in Dark Sun and a few other Richmond regulars. Depends on their schedule for other larger gunshows,though. I've bought AR mags there before,so it's not all wood and blued steel anymore.

That isn't saying a lot.....I wonder if Trader Jerry will be there with a table.  He has some of the best deals on handguns around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top