Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 12:31:47 PM EDT
I am thinking about taking the Tactical Rifle course being offered by Tactical Response out in Calverton   on OCT 13-14th.  The course includes doing transition from rifle to pistol and here is my problem.
I do not have a NYS pistol license.  I spoke with one of the instructors and they told me they could loan me a pistol for a fee to use in the class.
Is this legal in NYS?  Without a permit I cannot even touch a handgun in a gun store.
Is it legal to use a pistol in a class being supervised by an instructor?
I appreciate any help, advice or knowledge dealing with this situation.

Regards,

Jimmy
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can use the gun at a certified range.
Why dont you just get a permit? Its not as hard as you might think in NY....Bee
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#2]
It is legal if you are 18-20 years old under the supervision of someone who has a NYS pistol license. If you are 21 or over and have not applied for a pistol license it is not legal. I doubt anyone is going to bother you at Calverton though but who knows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top