Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 7:08:42 AM EDT
Can someone point me to a link somewhere as it relates to recieving "non hazardous" reloading components (basically projectiles and brass) being mailed to NYC?  

It's easier for me just to get stuff mailed to work, but I cannot find any content as it relates to receiving projectiles and or brass.  Forget about primers and powder... Would never even risk that, but what about projectiles and empty brass?  Can I legally recieve/send this from NYC via USPS?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know the NYC law, but I would think that what you are having sent to your house is metal. Lead and Brass. No more, No less.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:14:08 AM EDT
[#2]
AFAIK you can't legally reload ammunition in NYC without a NYC issued ammunition storage and reloading permit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:50:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
AFAIK you can't legally reload ammunition in NYC without a NYC issued ammunition storage and reloading permit.

reloading permit?  seriously?  wtf?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:59:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
AFAIK you can't legally reload ammunition or do anything else  in NYC without a NYC issued ammunition storage and reloading permit, licenses, or pay-off.

Minor adjustment.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Can you possess inert (projectiles, brass) components without a license?

If not, what about all these jewelry stores that are now selling "bullet jewelry" in the city?

FYI, I don't live in NYC.  I just work here.  It's easier for me to mail things in/out of NYC as opposed to Long Island..

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Can you possess inert (projectiles, brass) components without a license?

If not, what about all these jewelry stores that are now selling "bullet jewelry" in the city?

FYI, I don't live in NYC.  I just work here.  It's easier for me to mail things in/out of NYC as opposed to Long Island..

Primers/powder for sure but I'm not sure about about the other inert components. In any case do yourself a favor and forget having anything firearm/ammunition/weapon related shipped to your work address within NYC.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes and AFAIK you can only store 200 rounds (total) of ammunition in your residence without a permit.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes and AFAIK you can only store 200 rounds (total) of ammunition in your residence without a permit.

Shit there's more than that in our bathroom.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#9]
You can't make this shit up. I have a year and a half before I retire. I can't wait to get the fuck out of Dodge.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#10]
No such thing. NYC will only tell you what is illegal, not what is legal.

The NYC 'license' for reloading is not worth getting unless you are doing it commercially. The sections of code are spread out between the fire and building codes, and have nothing to do with the firearms licensing unit at 1 PP.

Quoted:
Can someone point me to a link somewhere as it relates to recieving "non hazardous" reloading components (basically projectiles and brass) being mailed to NYC?  

Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#11]
The "reloading" thing is a Fire Code violation, not a criminal one. If caught, the FDNY will issue a Notice of Violation that you can resolve within 30 days. Otherwise you will have to pay a hefty fine.
I had FDNY issue a summons for this when they found some .22 blanks for a nail gun that we were using on the job.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The NYC 'license' for reloading is not worth getting unless you are doing it commercially. The sections of code are spread out between the fire and building codes, and have nothing to do with the firearms licensing unit at 1 PP.

AFAIK violating the NYC Fire Code permit requirements that relate to reloading and storage of ammunition is sufficient cause to have your pistol license and/or rifle/shotgun permit suspended or revoked. In fact if you look at the proposed NYPD licensing rules change they are lumping all these and other types of violations (except minor traffic violations) as evidence of not being of "good moral character". This even extends to unpaid parking tickets as sufficient cause to suspend/revoke your NYC pistol license and/or NYC rifle/shotgun permit.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#13]
The point I was making was you won't find anything about the reloading issue by looking it up under under firearms.

I have 12 years dealing with code enforcement issues with NYC. If you rack up ANY number of commercial or professional voilations they like to use that to deny your application for other licenses or permits.

Quoted:

Quoted:

AFAIK violating the NYC Fire Code permit requirements that relate to reloading and storage of ammunition is sufficient cause to have your pistol license and/or rifle/shotgun permit suspended or revoked. In fact if you look at the proposed NYPD licensing rules change they are lumping all these and other types of violations (except minor traffic violations) as evidence of not being of "good moral character". This even extends to unpaid parking tickets as sufficient cause to suspend/revoke your NYC pistol license and/or NYC rifle/shotgun permit.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit there's more than that in our bathroom.
I bought more ammo than that today!
Hell, when I take my Colt out for an outing I shoot more rounds than that!

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:14:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The point I was making was you won't find anything about the reloading issue by looking it up under under firearms.

I have 12 years dealing with code enforcement issues with NYC. If you rack up ANY number of commercial or professional voilations they like to use that to deny your application for other licenses or permits.

Yeah, these are fire code regulations which the respective licensing division will use to selectively suspend/revoke your pistol license and/or shotgun/rifle permit. They made that pretty clear in the proposed NYPD licensing regulations. Now that Bloomberg realizes the hammer is about to drop on constitutional grounds he's scrambling  to come up with "reasonable" regulations to deny applications and/or revoke licenses/permits.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:59:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But what's the law as it pertains to possessing inert reloading components in NYC?  Is there a law?

Lets say my business partner wants to give me a few hundred of his empty 45 auto cases... Can he bring them into work and give them to me in a bag?

I brought up the "bullet jewelry" example.  These are real cases and projectiles decorated and worn as jewelry.  If you are telling me that I CANNOT possess a shell case or projectile in NYC, why do I see these jewelry stores selling what amounts to shell cases and projectiles?

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:05:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

But what's the law as it pertains to possessing inert reloading components in NYC?  Is there a law?

Lets say my business partner wants to give me a few hundred of his empty 45 auto cases... Can he bring them into work and give them to me in a bag?

I brought up the "bullet jewelry" example.  These are real cases and projectiles decorated and worn as jewelry.  If you are telling me that I CANNOT possess a shell case or projectile in NYC, why do I see these jewelry stores selling what amounts to shell cases and projectiles?

It's not a question of what the law is when dealing with NYC law/code enforcement. I don't know if possession of .45 cases are lawful or not. It's not like you're going to successfully argue your case with the responding LEO if he/she decides they are illegal to posesss.  It's more a question of how much potential drama you want in your life and as always "You might beat the rap but not the ride".

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Here's the definition of ammunition:

7. "Ammunition." Explosives suitable  to  be  fired  from  a  firearm,
 machine  gun,  pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun, assault weapon or other
 dangerous weapon.

Here's the section of law: http://law.onecle.com/new-york/new-york-city-administrative-code-new-/ADC010-301_10-301.html

Here's a link to New York New York City Administrative Code(new) - Chapter 3 - (10-301 - 10-312) Firearms http://law.onecle.com/new-york/new-york-city-administrative-code-new-/title10.c3.html

If you don't walk around with the brass in a big clear bag, and tell everyone you have it, you're probably not going to get into any trouble.

Quoted:
[

Top Top