Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 2:35:31 AM EDT
3gun shoot at North Tennesse Practical shooters (Dickson TN.)  on March 25th range officers shoot on Fri, 24th
Should be a fun shoot .
If you have not tried 3gun this is a good place to start most of the stages are stright foward or so they look on their web-site     http://www.ntps.org/3gun/index.htm

hope to see some of you there.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:18:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I plan to be there. I guess I better get the paper work sent in.

I shot with NTPS for 3 or 4 years straight in Springfield but I've never been to the Dickson location. I still see a few old names I recognize on last month's results
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I was interested in checking out the club......until I got to the part that equates anyone wearing camos as a 'gunstore commando' and an undesireable. Not fit to shoot at their beloved sport. What a condecending bunch of crap!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:38:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was interested in checking out the club......until I got to the part that equates anyone wearing camos as a 'gunstore commando' and an undesireable. Not fit to shoot at their beloved sport. What a condecending bunch of crap! hr

Is this what you refer to

DON'T BE A GUN STORE COMMANDO. Camouflage clothing and
shirts with those clever macho sayings favored by “Commando Wanna-Be’s” are
out of place in our sport.

I did not mean to offend any one by passing on the invitation to shoot with this group I am not a member at NTPS just thought that some of the shooters in KY may not have heard about this shoot since they just announced it on short notice.

A few years back at the club I ran in Clarksville some of the "Press" showed up and the only picture they showed was the one guy wearing camo fatigue pants and a bright yellow T-shirt with a smiley face with a dripping bullet hole in the forehead and the back had the exit hole and splatter with the saying have a nice F@#*ing day  thank goodness they just showed the front!

BDU's and some camo are seen at most matches it's the Attitude that seems to cause a problem it is still a shooting match and not basic training or at least I hope not as I am to old and fat for that!!

CastIron
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was interested in checking out the club......until I got to the part that equates anyone wearing camos as a 'gunstore commando' and an undesireable. Not fit to shoot at their beloved sport. What a condecending bunch of crap!

Is this what you refer to

DON'T BE A GUN STORE COMMANDO. Camouflage clothing and
shirts with those clever macho sayings favored by “Commando Wanna-Be’s” are
out of place in our sport.

I did not mean to offend any one by passing on the invitation to shoot with this group I am not a member at NTPS just thought that some of the shooters in KY may not have heard about this shoot since they just announced it on short notice.

A few years back at the club I ran in Clarksville some of the "Press" showed up and the only picture they showed was the one guy wearing camo fatigue pants and a bright yellow T-shirt with a smiley face with a dripping bullet hole in the forehead and the back had the exit hole and splatter with the saying have a nice F@#*ing day  thank goodness they just showed the front!

BDU's and some camo are seen at most matches it's the Attitude that seems to cause a problem it is still a shooting match and not basic training or at least I hope not as I am to old and fat for that!!

CastIron

Sir, I took no offense to your posting!! No problem at all.

My problem lies with whoever posted that camo is out of place in 'their' sport. I own and operate Ohio Valley Tactical. We sell BDUs and EMS, Police, and Firefighter gear. Brand new BDUs are extremly inexpensive to me and frankly, they outlast Levis. Not to mention Levi Strauss' anti gun stance.

I hate to admit it but I wear BDUs of one color or another almost daily....and I get really tired of snobs demeaning anyone wearing BDU's.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top